Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

I'm here, I'm broke, and I have an addiction and a 68 GTO

So that sums it all up for the most part. I have a basket case 68 GTO, low to no budget, facebook friends posting all their fun participating in optima and Good Guys while I sit at home. I'm doing this Johnny Cash style...one piece at a time but at least I'm trying. I'm from Cincinnati Ohio, I have a wife and two sons, and I'm an equipment mechanic. I look forward to the first time I break something on track, in fact I think that's my main goal. I can't wait to see who figures out just who this is posting here now.

I too am a Pontiac Nut and have a few Projects to attend to with little to no Coin to build them as I want too.
      I am concentrating on just doing what I can do with what I got for now and put whats needed on the Buy list just to get them up and running one car at a time. I am not gonna Gut the car out and dream about driving a super car better off getter her going and then buying whats needed to modify it latter in my opinion.

I am not even thinking about anything other than getting them on the road as is for now, Stock engine is fine as they make great Torque as they were with little to no modification other than dual exhaust and a Good 4 barrel carburetor. even the stock cams were good in a lot of there engines.
      And as far as suspension goes again not too shabby at all as far as My Trans ams are concerned and a Goat isnt that bad handling as is nor where they bad performers on the quarter mile.

My suggestion Make it run and drive STOCK concentrate on making it look good inside and out THEN save for Modifications.

Its a lot easier and cheaper to rebuild or Restore a number two or three car Than to start from scratch with a basket case! and In my case my projects are Basket cases so Im concentrating on making them run and drive making them look good in and out. Then latter start on the Pro touring thing.
      Dennis B.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com