Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LS 3 swap 69 Camaro New Gauges install

Hello guys, new member here. I'm wiring up my New Vintage USA gauges in my LS3 swap 69 Camaro. My gauges need a positive 12v trigger source to light the warning lights in the new gauges. The parking brake is a negative trigger I'm sure. Also the Check Engine Light (GMPP harness) I believe is a negative trigger as well. Can I use a Bosch type relay to reverse polarity and convert them from neg to positive ?? Thx!

LS 3 swap 69 Camaro New Gauges install

Yeah just use a standard relay that switches when ground is introduced.
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Thank you!!! I was thinking a Bosch type 30a relay was too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Dale, have you ever driven a Bosch 30A relay with the MIL signal? The relay coil current is 160 mA which seems high for a signal intended to drive a 15 mA LED....

Not saying it doesn't work, would just like to know if anyone has actually done it or knows the current sink capability of the MIL line...

Thanks,
      Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Here's a cleaner way to do it- can find for less than $20- "Universal Trigger Output Module" TR7-pac

Programmable -can take the inputs- swap polarity-pulse to constant or constant to pulse- latch-timed etc- really neat piece.

Instructions- http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_010505.pdf

If you want/need more - here's the "pro" version- about $35 but totally programmable w/ a USB port

Quote Originally Posted by Richard454 View Post
      Here's a cleaner way to do it- can find for less than $20- "Universal Trigger Output Module" TR7-pac

Programmable -can take the inputs- swap polarity-pulse to constant or constant to pulse- latch-timed etc- really neat piece.

Instructions- http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_010505.pdf

If you want/need more - here's the "pro" version- about $35 but totally programmable w/ a USB port

That is really cool!

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Awesome!!!!! Thank you. I just have to figure out how to wire it up LOL. Feature#1 I would think.

It's a really cool problem solver. Got mine off eBay for less than $15 shipped. I wanted a single momentary switch (SPST- single pole single throw) to control my door locks. One push- doors unlock- two pushes within 3 seconds -they lock.

Works great!!! No latching relays to stay on and pull power -AKA parasitic draw on the battery. It was smaller than I thought it would be- easy to program with LED confirmation.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard454 View Post
      It's a really cool problem solver. Got mine off eBay for less than $15 shipped. I wanted a single momentary switch (SPST- single pole single throw) to control my door locks. One push- doors unlock- two pushes within 3 seconds -they lock.

Works great!!! No latching relays to stay on and pull power -AKA parasitic draw on the battery. It was smaller than I thought it would be- easy to program with LED confirmation.

Richard

Very cool, THX!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com