Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Holley EFI Mounting Location for Dominator ECU & 7" digital dash in 1st Gen Camaro

I am contemplating switching over to a Holley EFI with a Dominator ECU and 7" digital dash. The first order of business is to determine where to mount the enormous Dominator ECU (approximately 6" x 13"). I am leaning toward mounting it in the engine bay on an inner fender well. Where is everyone mounting this monster?

Regarding the 7" digital dash. I already have a DSE dash full of Autometer gauges which I am not parting with. Is it feasible, or even usable if I mount it on my center console?

Any and all suggestions/pics regarding mounting solution or switching over to Holley EFI would be appreciated.

Country Flag: United States
      In the Cougar I welded studs to the inside of the glove box door and mounted it there. I prefer for the ECU to live inside the passenger compartment.

I also have the 7" dash. I use it for all the gauge functions. If you mount it in the center console, what do you plan to do with it?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      In the Cougar I welded studs to the inside of the glove box door and mounted it there. I prefer for the ECU to live inside the passenger compartment....
      If I go Holley EFI I will probably put it in the glove box, but I would prefer some place else......

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      ...I also have the 7" dash. I use it for all the gauge functions. If you mount it in the center console, what do you plan to do with it?
      Andrew
      I initially planned to use the dash to tune the engine, but the software upgrade for the dash to do that has been delayed. I will probably just forget about it as I can't see selling all my gauges and hacking up my DSE dash to mount the digital dash.

I've had my Dominator mounted to the backside of an inner fender for a couple of years with no ill effects. Due to the length of the ECU and the curvature of the inner fender, I had to make some standoffs to mount it.

Nick
      '72 Monte Carlo
      Build Thread

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com