Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

electric fan selection for 77 Trans am

What would be a good choice for a duel fan setup that pulls a lot of CFM. I plan on possibly doing some auto cross, sitting in traffic in the summer heat, etc. I have a Pontiac 461 stroker with aluminum heads. I have a higher flow water pump than stock and a 160* t-stay. I want one running at 185 and one at 200. What is a good choice for me? 4th gen fbody?

What has been tried and worked? I did a search for 2nd g en setups and did not see anything. Literally no results how ever I searched. Of course, I'll be digging through the projects too.

4th gen fans fit nice. I'd also use three relays and run both fans at low speed and both fans at high speed. Or get a dcc fan controller. That is what I use.

Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

electric fan selection for 77 Trans am

Thanks man. Check your PMs. I asked some questions. I'll repeat what I remember from them here: did u fab your own shroud for them to mount them to your radiator? Will this cool a big engine no prob? How much CFM? What kinds of rests do you use? Do you have wiring diagrams? Did you simply replicate the wiring that's in the 4th gens?

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
      Thanks man. Check your PMs. I asked some questions. I'll repeat what I remember from them here: did u fab your own shroud for them to mount them to your radiator? Will this cool a big engine no prob? How much CFM? What kinds of rests do you use? Do you have wiring diagrams? Did you simply replicate the wiring that's in the 4th gens?
      Sorry, got tied up. I used the 4th gen shroud, i just fabbed some small brackets. They cool fast fourth gens. No idea cfm rating. I used a dcc controller. http://www.dccontrol.com

There are a number of ways to wire a fan setup, depending on your triggers of choice - a controller, multiple fan switches, etc.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com