Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

exaggerated big bore short stroke engine? for street car

Just an off the wall question but there happens to be an Indy 2.3" stroke flat plane crank available for an AMC that haze sleeves for a 3.77 bore piston. The question is what if you took the 2.3" and paired it with a 4.185 or 4.195 bore size and a Procharger with decent heads and dropped it in a street car.

Obviously probably not the most practical setup but would it even work with that large a bore size and make power with low enough compression to run 91 fuel?

You could get a dish piston and run it far enough in the hole to get whatever compression you wanted I'm sure. Your going to make all the power with the pro charger, only thing cubic inches is going to do is affect how much rpm your going to turn and how hard your going to squeeze it. Sound cool tho for sure, I'd see if your budget has room for some super nice jesel valvetrain parts and put the rpm to it. Personally I would stay N/A unless your power goals are on the outside of crazy lol. Keep the nose light and put as much gear in the car as your willing to deal with.

My car has a 5.14 gear, .55 OD with a 3.06 first gear, looking at turning 8500 and making 700 w/ 3xx inches

JORDAN

zero torque or driveability flat plane crank and short stroke recipe for high winding screamer. figure 8000 plus normal operating range.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Country Flag: Canada
      Don't forget you'll have to get a cam to match, shouldn't be too bad, but I'm not sure how available uncut cams are in the amc world. Also, it just occured to me that the balance weight will be off, which is obvious, but that due to the nature of the flat plane I'm not sure how big the counterweights are to place the mallory metal in. It's probably fine but maybe take an eye to it. Sounds like a fun engine to me!

Country Flag: Norway
      I wouldn't use a pro charger. Twin turbo would be my pick and make 'em spool quickly. Not a cheap setup by any means but it could be a very good street engine IMO.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com