Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

chassis works g street chassis

Does anybody on here have a car with this chassis or have a build thread with one? For the $$$ they want for these there is absolutely no feedback on anything.

I looked at it pretty hard after seeing it first hand many times in that 69 Camaro. That entire package with the tunnel and floor is very enticing if you have the funds and man it looks good. Also something to consider if you don't have someone who can build that for you or you can't do it yourself. It's a one stop shop that few others sell retail.

I didn't go with it because I have a 67 and got a good deal on a Art Morrison chassis that I am very happy with.

My project is a 67 firebird. The art Morrison seems to be the only other thing close. Is all the sheet metal custom I presume then? Does it lower the seat? Any build threads with art Morrison projects?

The best thread I have ever seen with an AM chassis was Frostbite, the 67 Firebird. Seems as if all the photos have been removed but I have many of the build process if you want me to pm your email address. One of the big advantages to the g street chassis is the increase in headroom, and being 6'5" that would have helped. Most of the sheet metal floor has to be custom along with the firewall, etc.

I'm 6'4" and that's tight! Frostbite is amazing. Just sold on eBay for 95k. I think the Alston is a better package the premium results but of course that comes with a price. After seeing frostbite sit correctly and having all the suspension hidden all these bolt on just seem halfway.

We have one in the shop right now pm if you want some feedback
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Pm sent

Check out real deal steel. They are reproducing 1st Gen body's and you can get the full frame and floor kit installed with a brand new body for about 38k. Last time I checked CA wanted 23k to do the install only on your car. I broke down the real deal steel cost and you are essentially getting a free body. Talked with them as well.....good folks.

Good recommendation. I'm building a 67 firebird and I have a great body already though.

Anyone else have any feedback with this chassis?

Bump..... Any new builds with anyone using this chassis?

Based on the disgusting aftersale experiences I've had with Chassisworks, I wouldn't dare invest 5 figures in anything they offer. IMO the Roadstershop and Mossison offerings are superior and are backed by two far more reputable companies.

1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
      Bump..... Any new builds with anyone using this chassis?
      I work at Chassisworks. We have a 2nd gen Camaro chassis going together out on the lift right now. If you have any questions or something specific you'd like to know/see, I could help you out. I know of two others in NorCal that are in process.

Any updates on those builds being completed?

chassis works gstreet 4 link/torque arm chassis

i have a complete kit that i no longer need with many extras; including wilwood brakes ,Vari coil overs,rack and pinion, A arms upper and lower,spindles ,hubs and much more. Just the chassis kit cost 15k without the other parts. i'm hoping to get 10k for what i have that totals upwards of 20k. i know it sounds to good to be true but its the truth. i can no longer use it ,so i'm taking a massive hit. If anyone is interested please reach out to me . im located in new york (westchester county) i can send you pics or you can come see it in person. Name:  20240303_114046.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  464.9 KBName:  20240303_114118.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  416.3 KBName:  20240303_114941.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  344.2 KBName:  20240303_114056.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  364.7 KB

This is an amazing Deal! Someone should buy this immediately. The Chris's stuff is first rate. These kits go far beyond anything else sold. Art Morrison is good but the details of the Chris Alston kits is truly amazing. You build a car with this and it will be one of the best Pro Touring cars out there. Over the years I have purchased many things from this company and others and their customer service is first rate. Check this out: https://www.cachassisworks.com/c-134...o-touring.aspx

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com