Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

C7 Compitition Seats In A First Gen

Magnesium frames snobby tesla like gloss fiberglass backs, real carbon 4 point belt slots, 12-way power adjustments. Heating, cooling and oem 3 point seatbelts in the works. Each seat has four individual motors, lumbar inflater, three cooling fans and a heating element. They weigh 20lbs more than the Recaros they replaced however, more than worth it.

Attached Images Attached Images                  
      Last edited by DippedInSauce; 08-02-2016 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling, refresh
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

Saw this on Instagram from the shop doing it, looks great!

Country Flag: Canada
      those look great!

where did that console come from?

And carpet?

nice car!

Quote Originally Posted by AAQUINO11 View Post
      those look great!

where did that console come from?

And carpet?

nice car!
      Thanks! The console is a one off made by Jason Combs. The carpet is the one piece cutpile plush offered by Trim Parts. It's night and day over the loop.
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_04 View Post
      Saw this on Instagram from the shop doing it, looks great!
      Yessir Rockstar Audio in livermore California. Hands down the best audio shop in the Bay Area. Scotty the owner's attention to detail is outstanding.

Nice look seats. Did you have to make a custom bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
      Nice look seats. Did you have to make a custom bracket.
      I did have to make a bracket. And shorten the oem seat mounting brackets. Based on the fact they were designed to instal on the flat mounting surface of a C7 and now look like they came with my car I'm extremely satisfied.

What are you doing for seat belts? Those things look comfortable, nice looking car!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      What are you doing for seat belts? Those things look comfortable, nice looking car!
      I sent the oem C7 anchors and spades to Juliano's interior products in CT. They sent me back a great set of belts that mount to the factory sail panel with a clam shell and a retractor that mounts behind the rear arm rests. I highly recommend them.

Looks great, but at 6'2, I expect there's no way I could sit in them given the height from the floor. Nice work though!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      Looks great, but at 6'2, I expect there's no way I could sit in them given the height from the floor. Nice work though!
      Yeah I had to shorten the stock mounting feet. With that combined with the power adjustments they fit better than the recaros they replaced. I'm 6'1.

Got the belts locked and loaded! The matching bolstered rear seats go in tomorrow!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Those are awesome

I got the rear seat rebuilt to provide a better match to the front seats. The bolstering looks great.
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  117.1 KB

Your car looks amazing
      67 Camaro, 421 sbc, 10.71 @ 125.7, 200-4R, A/C

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie67 View Post
      Your car looks amazing
      Thanks Lonnie I appreciate it! ����

Country Flag: Canada
      Where were you able to source the seats from ?

Quote Originally Posted by AB69Z View Post
      Where were you able to source the seats from ?
      My buddies neighbor works at a Chevy dealership. He got them with the intention of swapping into his C6Z. When he decided to go a different direction and sell the Z I jumped at the opportunity. I've seen a fewest on eBay. The last set sold for $6,800 out of Dallas. They're awesome seats but about 29lbs per seat heavier than the recaros they replaced.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com