Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Gen 5 seats in first Gen Camaro (how to mount)

I just purchased some Gen 5 seats and console would like to install these in my 67 Camaro,need ideas on how to mount seats. Do I cut off factory brackets or do I try to utilize them. I see people using these seats but cant find any info on how they are mounting them. Any help would be appreciated it would be nice to be able to get these mounted so I can actually seat in my car and pretend I'm driving it. Thanks

It can certainly be done, many people have done it, many people have also tried and given up. it takes a little bit of work as they are quite wide and also quite tall, so they need to be mounted as low as possible to the floor, I don't believe the 5th gen components can be used for this reason. I'll be doing it but haven't started that fab yet.

Thanks for reply if I get it figured out I will post some pics so maybe it will help you out.

I have the same question but for a 1970 GM A body. What is necessary to install 5th gen seats in one or does someone have an example? Thanks

I put seats out of a 2014 Mustang GT in my '68, I just cut off the original mounting brackets and set the seats in the car and decided what I was going to do to make them work. They really turned out really well, and all the electrics work as well.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Country Flag: Canada

6th gen seats and console

Name:  IMG_20151010_103149.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  116.9 KBName:  IMG_20151010_103208.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  126.2 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images                        

How did you guys mount the center console? Picking one up tomorrow. Idk how or what to do in install it

I've gone ahead and installed the entire trans tunnel, this will allow it to fit easy and also the handbrake.
      Others have managed to get just the required brackets removed from a wreck, or you can make your own mounts entirely.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com