Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Carbon Fiber

Country Flag: Canada
      well none of this matters being as im not seening this hitting production....i cant and dont see anyone lining up for a 50,000 body. just trying to be realistic
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      well none of this matters being as im not seening this hitting production....i cant and dont see anyone lining up for a 50,000 body. just trying to be realistic
      I don't totally disagree with you there

lol ...
      cheers ..guess we will see ...
      i certainly hope you do as it will change the industry ... how would you do it ? buy a new body shell and mold from it ?

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

lol ...
      cheers ..guess we will see ...
      i certainly hope you do as it will change the industry ... how would you do it ? buy a new body shell and mold from it ?
      Either that or use the body from my current car I'm building.

Country Flag: United States
      I'd start with a perfect, or near perfect car original car, and have it scanned.

Then a plug, or the molds can be CNC'd.

Quote Originally Posted by krom View Post
      I'd start with a perfect, or near perfect car original car, and have it scanned.

Then a plug, or the molds can be CNC'd.
      That would be ideal for sure.

Forged Carbon Fiber:

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/13/l...-carbon-fiber/

So... who wants to be the first? Seems this tech is the eventual less expensive way to the structural stuff that many want.

Things are moving along, but slowly. Looks like the first part we may try to produce is a one piece T-Top replacement for C3 corvettes. We will continue to look into the Camaro unibody to get a better idea of actual cost.

Don't recall who but someone else does make a carbon c3 roof

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Don't recall who but someone else does make a carbon c3 roof
      That's definitely news to me. If you can find it please share. I've never been able to find it and I've had a lot of people ask for one.

"Project menace" built by heartland customs . There's pictures our there.... Hell maybe on here , I've seen them

Edit * page 5 has a picture ,not sure if in the thread it mentions where they got it from but , either way you know who built the car

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

"Project menace" built by heartland customs . There's pictures our there.... Hell maybe on here , I've seen them

Edit * page 5 has a picture ,not sure if in the thread it mentions where they got it from but , either way you know who built the car
      From everything I've been able to find, that appears to be a one off piece made for that project. They don't appear to be selling them. Besides, I'm looking at a one piece T-Top right now, not a hardtop.

Hey everyone, it's been a while since my last reply. I've had to put a few things on hold for a bit because there's been a few tragedies in my life recently but I'm moving forward once again. Still starting with one piece T-tops for C3 Vettes, but I'm also producing for myself a carbon convertible top and will advertise it for interest on that as a product as well.

Alloway's did a one piece targa top for the black C3 they took to SEMA last year but I don't think it was CF... I'm sure there would be a LOT of interest if you produced one that worked on T-top cars! The C3s are like the 2nd Gen F-bodies in that they were produced for over a decade and many parts interchange... great idea!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Alloway's did a one piece targa top for the black C3 they took to SEMA last year but I don't think it was CF... I'm sure there would be a LOT of interest if you produced one that worked on T-top cars! The C3s are like the 2nd Gen F-bodies in that they were produced for over a decade and many parts interchange... great idea!
      Thanks! I'm hopeful it sells well. I'll definitely look for areas in the market that aren't covered and make more if things go well.

Just a quick update. The group helping me with my parts fell behind on their large project and it's pushed all of my stuff back. I'll keep you posted when we make some actual progress.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com