Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Looking for DIY Fuse Block

Cooper Bussman and Littlefuse look to have things very close to what I would like but not quite. I'm wondering if anyone has Denso, Delphi, etc part numbers that may be close to what I would like.

The 40 circuit Bussman 15400 is close but the single line of fuses down both sides with only the option for 2 buss bars makes it a little undesirable.
      The 10 circuit 15300 is also close but there are only 10 circuits.
      The Littlefuse HWB60 has no option for internal bussing at all which makes it close but again a bit undesirable.

All use the GT280 terminals and such which is good. I have a ton of those things.

So I come to you guys: Would you happen to know of something that has the option for single internal bussing that could power just the hot side of the relays but have 20-30 circuits so I could add to the box later if need be?

Does Delphi, Denso, Autocraft, or any of the suppliers have something that might work?

I would be populating the box myself so Painless and the 1000 other assemblers are out. I have the tools, know how, and most of the other bits needed.

What are you actually looking for specs wise? What does the Bussman 15400 not accomplish?

What about the 15401:

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/4635...A-RFRM-Panel-/

Remove one of the buss bars?
      Last edited by parsonsj; 05-24-2016 at 10:09 AM.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MtotheIKEo View Post
      What are you actually looking for specs wise? What does the Bussman 15400 not accomplish?
      Because of how the circuits are situated, I will end up with a lot of wasted space due to how they would be wired.

Removing a buss bar from it seems to be counter productive. They look to molded into the boxes. Not just that but the best one Ive seen is the 15300 with the relay side bus bar, it just has too few circuits. If it had room for 10 relays on one side and 2 rows for fuses on the other, it would be great.

I'm going for a clean OE look but as compact as it can be.

How many battery hot circuits do you need? How many will go to relay inputs?
      How many ignition hot circuits do you need? How many will go to relay inputs?

You said 10 relays, so on a 15401 that would leave you with 30 fused outputs mixed between the two buss bars assuming you are fusing your relay inputs.

Some other companies to look into are Speedwire and Ron Francis. Both have some universal wiring solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by MtotheIKEo View Post
      How many battery hot circuits do you need? How many will go to relay inputs?
      How many ignition hot circuits do you need? How many will go to relay inputs?

You said 10 relays, so on a 15401 that would leave you with 30 fused outputs mixed between the two buss bars assuming you are fusing your relay inputs.

Some other companies to look into are Speedwire and Ron Francis. Both have some universal wiring solutions.
      The count right now is 6 for batt hot circuits, 3 ign hot circuits. I can run multiple things off a single relay.

Looked into both of those, they are both painless style pre-assembled pieces.

I used a smaller Cooper Bussmann 15303-4-0-4 Mini Fuse Panel coupled with a 60A power relay module and was happy with the quality and compact size.

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/4635...A-RFRM-Panel-/

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/4609...Relay-Module-/

GM PN 12176369

It is the 2001-2002 F-Body Junction/Fuse Block and is still available. It may be in the lead at teh moment..

update of sorts...

The fuse block and bits and pieces for the 4th gen FBody are still available.

12146182 - 6 hole Maxi Fuse Bus Bar
      12129481 - 5 hole Maxi Fuse Bus Bar
      12176639 - battery post for fuse box
      12176622 - Secondary Power Connector for second box (#45 on diagram)
      12146187 - Cover for #45

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com