Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Okay so its been a minute since I last posted. I had a moment of lets say "weakness". Basically I came to the point after the car was media blasted of deciding whether to sell the car as is and get my money back or go ahead and buy new sheet metal and go to the point of no return. I put a few ads out but got nothing but low ball offers or people asking for stupid trades. So I decided to go all in on the build and bought all new rear quarters, trunk pans, inner and outer rear wheel wells, and taillight filler panel to get back on track with the build. Got all my parts and rest of xsboost90s parts in epoxy primer and now time to start cutting this car apart.

yea its going to be alot of work but im personally down for a good challenge and it should be pretty cool once its done. Also a good opportunity to get more tools to try out and experiment on someone elses car.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

Time for another update, guys!

aha- well since its sitting in my garage and work has been hecktik for both of us, ive been focusing on my car trying to get it ready for paint and i have some other projects as well to get done, so i think once work dies down this fall we will go hard into the welding mode on this car. He has some other homework to do and parts to collect in the meantime- we did manage to cut out all the rust- well most of it- and theres not much left. WE have the whole rear of the car new sitting here to weld in and floors and we need the frame to come here to mount the body on too..

He is also moving into a new house here very soon so that is taking up some time.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

Ok so been a while since an update but currently working on floor pans right now. Lots of tweaking and bending to get them in. Found some parts that I didn't realize they made replacements for opg is an awesome website, so while I have this much of the rear replaced I decided to buy the last parts that weren't to rusted out and just replace with new. Go big or go home right. Will take more updated pics when I'm back to it, just been swamped with work this summer and can't wait for the shorter days and long garage nights.

I have a 69 GTO that I am building and it's in very similar condition. Looks like you are doing it right, keep it up!

Got the frame over to the garage the other night. Out body back on the frame and started putting in body mount bushing and bolts to figure out where my sheet metal needs to line up. Looks so much better on the frame now that the bad parts are cut out. Put the one piece trunk floor in. Can't wait to start tac things in place and start to see those beautiful body lines come back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com