Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Someone on another forum said this to me. "Disc brake prop valves have seperate front lines. They was only tied together in a 4 wheel drum setup". Is this correct? I plan to use the baer remaster with prop valve and everything I have seen and looked at on it has one line going to the front and one brake line going to the rear. Ill be running manual brakes on the car.

Back in high school (mid 80s), I drove a '66 Chevelle convertible (SS clone-ish). LS6 454 crate engine, roller hydraulic cam, M20 4-speed, 3.31 posi 12-bolt. Anyway, during class one day I sketched up a redesign with hood scoops from an '70-'72 Olds, and a stripe that ran over the wheel arches and down the car's waist (like the stripe the ran down the rockers of a Mustang). I kid you not, I called the thing "Danger Zone."

Great build!
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Country Flag: France
      Quote Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
      Someone on another forum said this to me. "Disc brake prop valves have seperate front lines. They was only tied together in a 4 wheel drum setup". Is this correct? I plan to use the baer remaster with prop valve and everything I have seen and looked at on it has one line going to the front and one brake line going to the rear. Ill be running manual brakes on the car.

Very nice build !

so one line for the front will do the job !

Just wondering which rear coilover brackets you are using to fit the QP axle ?

I’m looking forward to following

Quote Originally Posted by bello View Post
      Very nice build !

so one line for the front will do the job !

Just wondering which rear coilover brackets you are using to fit the QP axle ?

I’m looking forward to following

I am using the ridetech rear coilover brackets from the chevelle kit. When I ordered from quick performance I told them these were the brackets I needed to use. They have a set of the brackets in house and welded them up for me so that the ridetech brackets could bolt right up.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Alright, got the floor on the drivers side all patched in and good. I am now going to knock out the trans tunnel. I am still unsure if I will go with a tko600 or t56. So I am going to cut the tunnel big enough for the t56 just incase. I really don't think I have a need for the 2 overdrive gears where I live. Here is how it looks as of now. I made a template and will transfer this over to metal. Hope to have this finished up this weekend. This way I can shoot some bed liner on the bottom of the car.

Alright, cut out a template to replace the trans tunnel. Still not sure what I am going to put in here, either the t56 or the tko600. Picked up a piece of 20G steel and Cut the template I made out. Tomorrow I plan on cutting the tunnel.

I'd like to caution you against spraying bedliner on the underside just yet. I'd wait until you have the trans and everything else bolted in, beacuase if you need to go back and cut/weld/adjust the tunnel or the floor it is a nightmare to remove it cleanly enough to get a decent weld bead laid down. At least that was my experience, I wish I'd waited. Just my .02.

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech442 View Post
      I'd like to caution you against spraying bedliner on the underside just yet. Just my .02.
      This is good advise. When my car was done I tried to get as much done and had the floor and firewall done then. Now there are thing I'm doing that are I'm doing that they will need to be touched up which would have worked out better if not in finish yet. Nice work!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech442 View Post
      I'd like to caution you against spraying bedliner on the underside just yet. I'd wait until you have the trans and everything else bolted in, beacuase if you need to go back and cut/weld/adjust the tunnel or the floor it is a nightmare to remove it cleanly enough to get a decent weld bead laid down. At least that was my experience, I wish I'd waited. Just my .02.
      The only reason I was going to lay down the bed liner now, is that I won't have an opportunity to take the body off the frame again in the future. Once its on the frame its not coming off. I know thats bad, but thats how the cards are playing right now. It would be easy to shoot it on now as the body is on the rotisserie.

Robert

Got some more work done. Finished up the firewall and the trans tunnel. Was a bit more work then I thought, but its done. I brought the trans tunnel up and back. Brought it all the way back to the floor brace. Should look nice once I make a center console for it, but thats a ways off. Got some epoxy primer on it for the time being.

Front wheels came in Wednesday. Just got the tracking for the rear and they should be here Monday. I'll make an appointment for them to get mounted on Tuesday. Fronts are 18x9 and will have a 255/35r18 on it. The rear wheel is a 18x10 with a 295/40r18 on it. This will be a big step for me as the frame will be able to roll on its own and not be stuck on jack stands.

Big milestone for me today, I rolled the frame out of the garage. I know its not a big deal for some, but for me this is a big step forward. Here are some pictures.

Very nice work!

Great looking project! I bet you can't wait to see the body sitting on that beautiful chassis. We have very similar builds with alot of the same parts. You may have already mentioned, but what are you planning engine wise?

Quote Originally Posted by jmking9 View Post
      Great looking project! I bet you can't wait to see the body sitting on that beautiful chassis. We have very similar builds with alot of the same parts. You may have already mentioned, but what are you planning engine wise?
      An LS will be going into this. I was all set on a BBC and even have a 454 sitting in the garage. Problem is the 454 needs a ton of work. Right now the plan is either to go 6.0L with and LSA supercharger or a turbo. Just can't decide at this point. Im sure it will change many times along the way until I actually commit to something.

What size tubing did you run from the distro block to the rear brakes? Also, where did you pick up the coil guard stuff?

Great work! I am doing very similar things on my 65 Skylark in the future!
      1965 Buick Skylark Sport Coupe V8, Two Door Hardtop - Project
      2014 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic - Daily

Quote Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
      What size tubing did you run from the distro block to the rear brakes? Also, where did you pick up the coil guard stuff?
      I ran 3/16" copper nickel brake line and purchased and 3/16 spring wrap to protect the brake lines. Purchased both on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by skylark guy View Post
      Great work! I am doing very similar things on my 65 Skylark in the future!

Thanks. Thing are going to slow down a bit now until the spring here. All three of my boys play hockey and its a damn expensive sport. Gonna cost me $4,500 just to sign them up...I thank my wife for getting them into one of the most expensive sports...I have to say though, I do enjoy watching them play.

For the past 3 months, my boys ages 7, 6, and 5 have all been telling my wife she is getting an engine for her birthday. So to make the joke complete, I picked up a 6.0LS with 119k miles on it. Mind you, I will be getting her more for her birthday, but this is going to be great giving it to her..lol I took the valve covers off and I got to say, this thing looks pretty damn clean!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com