Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Northern newbie

Québec,Canada (you know, where it's cold!)
      Country Flag: Canada

Northern newbie

Hi everyone !
      I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time but I didn't want to post anything since my last two project were not really pt oriented. In fact, I always wanted a 69 camaro but never considered myself worthy of owning one since I have very little experience in fixing motors or doing bodywork...

I'll spare you the crapy story but I haven't had the chance to learn from a family member or a friend like most of us, car junkies. But that doesn't have to stop me right!?!?

So here I am looking to find my next car, or should I say project!? I look for a first gen camaro which is not particularly affordable around here so a Chevy II might just do it... My wife would like a convertible but I'd rather spend that extra money on parts (not to mention the structural rigidity!)...

Any advice on what to plan before beginning such a project is welcome
      Vince

“Speed has never killed anyone...Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!” J.C.

Whoa whoa whoa ...2 mins for roughing ...I'm Canadian as well and I can't read the language of LA Belle province.

Welcome my friend to the east
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      ...I'm Canadian as well and I can't read the language of LA Belle province.
      I can't understand either! Nothing he wrote seems to make sense... Unless he forgot to add a sentence or two ;)
      Vince

“Speed has never killed anyone...Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!” J.C.

It's because you guys over there use that French Canadian instead of real French lol not that I understand any of it ....took it for one year in high school ,barely passed lol
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

After a summer full of...nothing car related, I'm back at it! Just bought a 6.0L L76 block that I'll start to build while still searching for the right project car.
      Plans are for a little stroker with ls3-l92 heads and ls3 intake... D.O.D and VVTdelete. Not yet decided on cam but interested in those from Mast Motorsport.
      It's good to finally get my hands dirty!

I guess that sooner or later, I'll have to get an engine so I jumped on this opportunity to buy an aluminum block
      Vince

Spent the afternoon cleaning my new #823 heads
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  231.3 KB
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  225.6 KB

Vince

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com