Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

EZ EFI 2.0 and Vaporworx

I already have the Fast EFI and am now considering the rest of the fuel system. Wondering if a tank with vaporworx set up would work/work well. It's for a 2nd gen, Pontiac powered Firebird, about 700hp.

The Spectre efi tanks use Walbro pumps. You can swap it out for one of the 450 pumps for $100.

Need a narrowed tank (mini tub & quadralink) so I was considering the systems in DSE's catalogue. Just looking for info on compatibility between the returnless vaporworx equipped tanks and the EFI system I'll be using. Open to other fuel system options as well.

There are no issues using the vaporworx system with the FAST EZ EFI. There's even an option to use the FAST negative trigger to turn the VaporWorx controller on (normal GM trigger is positive turn on.)
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Wiring my ez to a vaporworx controller as we speak. Carl is great to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antrim View Post
      Wiring my ez to a vaporworx controller as we speak. Carl is great to work with.
      Look forward to hearing about your experience with it. Curious how it gets wired up.

Just remember the ez is a negitive trigger control. Fast wants to sell you a plug in relay kit at about 125.00. The vaporworx can be changed to a negitive trigger for a lot less. Just keep that in mind when your weighing out the prices.

Thanks Mark.

Yep, the EZ is negative trigger. It's a $10 option for vaporworx controllers. Plus, if known up-front, I can change the trigger wire color on the controller to match what you want to run from the ECM to help keep coloring consistent. The default color is yellow.

Alponcho, there's instructions here: https://www.vaporworx.com/documentat...ion-downloads/

Basically:

Power wiring from the battery to the controller.
      Power wiring from the controller to the fuel pump. Wiring harnesses are complete minus final terminations.
      Fuel pressure sensor wiring to the controller. Wiring harness is complete minus final terminations.
      Trigger wire to turn the controller on.

The final terminations are required since controller mounting positions can vary, hence length differences in the wiring. All of the signal terminations are Delphi GT150 sealed connections, and the fuel pump side uses the identical Delphi plug, seals, and terminals used by GM.

With the above the system runs at constant pressure. If manifold referenced is needed, two more wires from the engine MAP sensor to the controller must be run (included in the kit.) The default MAP sensor range is 3bar, but all other ranges are available on request. We also have a stand-alone sensor that uses a rubber hose that attaches to the pressurized side of the intake manifold.
      Last edited by CarlC; 05-06-2016 at 10:54 AM.

I like the attention to detal Carl gives with each customer. The trigger wire color change at no charge and setting to a different fuel pressure sold me. Now I just need to weld my retroworx kit to my existing tank.

Thanks again Mark.

For clarification (and full transparency), the as-shipped pressure setting is approximate. Due to variations in battery voltage, sensor placement, sensor variation, etc. the actual engine-on pressure may be a little different vs. fuel bench testing. The target fuel pressure setting is done using the provided tool after engine start-up.

So here is a little update on the ezefi with the vaporworx combo. All I did was install a ls pump with Carl's kit and use his controller. I had taken out the aeromotive external pump controller and filters. The car always took a long time to fire while cranking, most people kept telling me it was the fast system and told me I didn't have it adjusted right. When I started the engine it only took a revolution or two to fire. I can't say 100% the vaporworx system fixed my starting problem but I'm very happy with how the fuel system is now.

Need to make a decision soon, but I'm still having trouble understanding the different options I have. I read the the EZ-EFI can accommodate a single return and can handle the pulse width modulation without another controller, and if this is true, why would I need the vaporworx? Or if there are benefits to the Vaporware controller, what are they? I just feel like I'm missing a critical piece of information, and I don't want to make an expensive mistake.

Just do your self a favor and get the vaporworx system, I installed mine and love it. My gas gauge is accurate, when it says empty it is empty, I let it get down to 4% and went around a turn about three times without any starvation issues at all. When I am on it hard, no problems.
      I agree, you cannot beat Carls customer service, I called him 6 months after I bought mine and he helped me no problem. Try getting to the top dog at fast when you try using pwm with someone else's pump and see what happens.
      Service is everything.
      Tom

EZ EFI 2.0 and Vaporworx

Will be ordering a tank from Ricks tomorrow, ZL1 pump and vaporworx set up to work with the Fast EZ EFI 2.0. As an aside, I called DSE last week to inquire about their tanks, Was told they would get back to me with answers to questions I had but they never contacted me. Third time this has happened with different things I was interested in purchasing recently. Can't believe they're doing well enough to be throwing away business,

I'm a bit late to the party..... ;-)

Tom, I owe you a beer.

Alponcho, sorry to hear about your experience with DSE. The DSE Supertank systems use vaporworx hardware and pwm controls.

If there is something I can do to help or if you have any questions please let me know. [email protected] if you would rather keep it private.

The ZL1 fuel module is a great choice for many applications. It's less expensive than the CTS-V and can support 750hp NA. It's what my supercharged Camaro runs along with a constant pressure PWM controller.
      Last edited by CarlC; 09-01-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      I'm a bit late to the party..... ;-)

Alponcho, sorry to hear about your experience with DSE. The DSE Supertank systems use vaporworx hardware and pwm controls.

If there is something I can do to help or if you have any questions please let me know. [email protected] if you would rather keep it private.
      Thanks for getting back to me. The DSE person I spoke with said they are using their own stuff not vaporworx, and that he would have to get back to me when I asked about whether "their" controller would need to be modified to work with the Fast EZ EFI. I pointed out that there's a photo on their website that shows the vaporworx controller plain as day, but he said he didn't know what I was referring to. Maybe a misunderstanding, but the not getting back to me was disconcerting. Water over the bridge now. I'm going to to with the set up Rick suggested. He tells me the Vaporworx stuff will be coming directly from you.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com