Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

double nuts works very nice on sway bar links, shocks, instead of those locking nuts

double jam nuts which are designed for that purpose, are a lot easier to get off, especially the shock ones, those locking nuts are a pain when the shock rod starts turning with the nut. Thanks to theJDMan for reminding me about the jam nuts being special. i get mine from DAYMOTORSPORTS.COM about dollar a piece. the tie rod adjusting sleeves are from UMI those jam nuts make it really easy to do the toe adjust. tried the QA1 adjusting sleeves, they were junk, didn't have the threads deep enough.Name:  IMG_1587[1].jpg
Views: 456
Size:  205.7 KB
      Last edited by garvir; 07-25-2016 at 07:51 AM. Reason: change date

If you plan to double nut, you should be using jam nuts which are specifically designed for that purpose.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#jam-nuts/=1278f8e
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Now I like using the longer nuts available from hardware store that are used to hook all-thread together, I then use a flanged nut of the same thread, many are available from hardware stores, Rural King, etc.
      They work well and leave plenty of room for wrenching and not wearing it out all in one spot.
      You can also use a jamb bolt in the tall nut instead of a longer bolt and jamb nut.

Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com