Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

AC install, what to do with old wiring

as title says, in my 70 Chevelle i installed a vintage air system. What do I do with all the old left over wiring from my factory heater/fan/light? I don't want to cause a "hot" wire short and maybe start a fire?

thoughts?
      1970 Chevelle Malibu 350 "70 Hell"
      - UMI - Kore3 - LS1 4 wheel discs - Budnik

Country Flag: Canada
      really no body did anything?
      1970 Chevelle Malibu 350 "70 Hell"
      - UMI - Kore3 - LS1 4 wheel discs - Budnik

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States
      Unless you're willing to open the harness and remove the now unused wires, I'd clip the connectors, shrink wrap the wire end, fold the wires back on the harness and tape them off. It's ugly. The option is to open the harness and remove the unused wires. Bunch more work, but IMO the best way to make the change
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Country Flag: United States
      I'd say save all the old AC stuff since numbers matching BB build guys (like myself) are more than willing to re-finish OEM parts if building a scarce car. I wouldn't hack anything up anyway-if I went the route you did, I'd carefully remove anything not used anyway.
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

I used the main power feed(fused) to operate other equipment on the car. The main wire that goes into the engine compartment hidden and capped off in the harness for future use for something you need fused or switched 12v going through the firewall and fuse box keeping everything nice and neat. I have a painless harness so your mileage may vary.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com