Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by corvettekid1973 View Post
      Here is a older posts with a guy having issues with the Speed Hut speedo
      http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/sh...ut-help-please
      No one is saying other people don't have issues, but its not a rampant problem as far as quality control from what I read. There are lots of issues where the user was at fault also sensors or senders were bad.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      No one is saying other people don't have issues, but its not a rampant problem as far as quality control from what I read. There are lots of issues were the user was at fault also sensors or senders were bad.
      Did you see where he sent his speedo back and they said it was fine but when he got it back it was still messing up so he put the stock speedo back in and it worked fine.
      In my earlier post I mentioned Speed Hut telling me that they are aware that there was a issue with some of their gauges and they were making changes to combat the problem.

Ya gotta realize Speed Hut sells to people who are not on the pro touring site and the majority of customers aren't on forums to make post about them good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by corvettekid1973 View Post
      Did you see where he sent his speedo back and they said it was fine but when he got it back it was still messing up so he put the stock speedo back in and it worked fine.
      In my earlier post I mentioned Speed Hut telling me that they are aware that there was a issue with some of their gauges and they were making changes to combat the problem.

Ya gotta realize Speed Hut sells to people who are not on the pro touring site and the majority of customers aren't on forums to make post about them good or bad.
      Ya gotta realize that PT.com isn't the only forum I am a member of or the only place I come when I look for feedback on things auto related... I read the thread and I also read others not from that particular user community and what I'm saying is the problems aren't always the fault of the gauge. I have seen bad grounds, senders and resistors causing issues that the customer found out via suggested troubleshooting along the way.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I just installed a set of VHX gauges in my Nova last week... They are awesome!

1963 Nova SS

I just finished installing new vintage gauges yesterday, love the look during the day even more at night. They have some great optionS noone else has.

Quote Originally Posted by Whooppass View Post
      I just finished installing new vintage gauges yesterday, love the look during the day even more at night. They have some great optionS noone else has.
      LOL... I sent you a PM on the wheel, not even thinking about your gauges. I've been thinking New Vintage separates like you have, two main gauges and four in the console. I like that Nardi wheel... is it polished billet or is it chrome? Anyway... whats the setup like with the gauges, is it a PITA or is it pretty straightforward? Mike Right now I have classic setup, Sun Tach on the column, oil pressure and water temp real not eSenders under the dash. I just finished restoring my console, so I want to get the 4-gauge pod and put it all together. There's a 10% off sale on NV right now which makes it even better. Mike
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      Sorry you're having trouble, but I doubt it's the gauge's fault... I love my SpeedHuts.
      Yup ... me too
      Have had 2 sets and never had a problem ... and now time to update (8 ... again

Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com