Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: EFI fuel tanks

Country Flag: United States

EFI fuel tanks

Looking for an EFI fuel tank for my 65 FB. Trying to find a decent tank for under $1k and would like outside the trunk fuel lines. Have been looking at Tanks Inc, Glenns , Spectra and a few others but have not seen one that looks to be right for auto-X or road course with proper baffling and sump. The Spectra has been eliminated due to the poorly executed 'turkey pan' sump setup.
      The Tanks Inc may work but can't find any reviews about the tank for how well it works with cornering and hard launches. Any suggestions without going for the big$$ fuel cell appreciated.

I have heard no reports on the lateral abilities of the Tanks Inc, but the launch part appears to be answered. Lots of hard launching cars on the track with this tank with no problems. I just installed one with a GPA series pump in the El Camino. Another alternative is to use a PA series pump with the factory tank...looks like it would fare well. http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...prod/prd84.htm

Thanks Rich,
      I am leaning toward the Tanks inc.

EFI fuel tanks

We've got the tanks inc mustang tank in our latest Raybestos '69 Fastback and several other builds.
      Didn't have any issues at a Goodguys autocross with 2 of the cars. Just be sure to keep it above 1/2 tank when racing to be safe.

Let me know if you need a quote as we've sold and installed a lot of these tanks.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thanks Dale,
      I may be calling you. Was hoping to see you guys at the Jefferson swap meet.

I got my Tanks Inc tank from Dale and it works very well in the Cougar. I don't know about cornering, but at the drag strip I have zero problems.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I've been there done that with fuel starvation problems. Remedied it somewhat with a homemade baffle and a 2 liter accumulator tank before high pressure pump. Added 2nd pump to pump from main tank to accumulator. Still run with a full tank for track days and AutoX. All because i didn't do my research beforehand. My next tank will be a bladder tank from Fuelsafe. The chumpcar guys have been there done that and bladder tanks are what they use. You can get what you want for under $1k.
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

How much power are you making?
      Tom

Sorry Tom, been busy and didn't see your post.
      I'm making 450hp on motor.

Gator, I've seen the Fuelsafe and its closer to 2k for my car.
      Dale, I'll call you tomorrow.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com