Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

2nd gen Camaro 6 piston CTS V brake swap

I've seen these swaps before but couldn't find a swap with a 2nd gen Camaro. Found a cts v 6 piston front 4 piston rear set with pads and pin kit for about $1200. What do I need to mount them to a 76 Camaro?? Any advice would be appreciated

Go to bigbrakeupgrade.Com he should have everything you need. Tell Scott that Ahmad sent you.
      Ahmad B.

They do swaps for 2nd gens?

A better solution would be Z06 brakes and KORE3 would be the place to go. I wouldn't trust anyone else with adapter brackets.

With that said, I wouldn't discount BAER brakes either if the budget can support. I just don't see the appeal having caliper that say some other cars name on them. It doesn't look good.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by thegreek View Post
      They do swaps for 2nd gens?
      It doesn't show directly on there website but if you give Scott a call and tell him what your doing he'll easily guide you to what's needed and will either have brackets already or make you some without an issue. His prices are fair even for one off brackets.

As for the Z06 Calipers recommended Id stay clear personally. Everyone has their own thoughts on them but there's been more then a few people with issues with the pins that hold the pads in either freezing inside the caliper or falling out. Plus having to deal with the padlets during pad swaps or expensive aftermarket single pad upgrade is enough to look at other options. They still say corvette on the calipers to. Any calipers you get can easily be painted or powder coated.

Scott cad designs all his brackets and has them laser cut and can also do custom brackets that no one else has or most of the time aren't willing to do (I've asked in the past ).

There's tons of other options out there.
      Ahmad B.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Any of you have experience with wilwoods for track/autocross use?

And personally I wouldnt mind calipers with cts-v or corvette on em. Makes me think I'm fast

Quote Originally Posted by thegreek View Post
      Thanks for all the advice guys! Any of you have experience with wilwoods for track/autocross use?

Tons of folks do. You will see plenty of folks running Wilwood and BAER. I personally don't support wilwood as they don't warranty their stuff.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

What about the 6piston ctsv calipers vs the 4 piston for autocross and trackdays?

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Tons of folks do. You will see plenty of folks running Wilwood and BAER. I personally don't support wilwood as they don't warranty their stuff.
      What about the 6piston ctsv calipers vs the 4 piston for autocross and trackdays?

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      I have 6 pistons front, 4 pistons rear wilwood brakes on my both 2nd gens, and I LOVE'EM!, almost no fade what so ever and the pedal feel is super firm and positive. I drove cars that were retrofitted with C6-Z06 brakes and cars with Baer brakes, and couldn't tell any better performance. One thing that I hate about the C6 brakes is the weight, they are heavy.

I have been dealing with Scott at Bigbrakeupgrade.com for brackets to put my 4 piston Gen 5 calipers (same mounting as six piston) on my 1980 Camaro. He has come up with an adapter bracket and is in the process of having them made. You will have to modify your spindle which shouldn't be a big deal and you may need wheel spacers depending on which wheels you are using.
      1980 Camaro Z28. LS376/480, TKO 600.

Tobin at Kore3 is a supporter of this forum. I will always recommend a company that supports us before one that does not.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Did you ever end up running the ctsv setup??? Who did you get the brackets from? Any pics....what's the rotor size?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com