Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 GTO Convertible, blown LS

69 Pontiac GTO convertible
      This is an unrestored ,real 242 car. I am the third owner, having acquired the car in 2006. The previous owner purchased the car in 1981 when it was in the body shop for a respray. The original yellow color still looks presentable, but is a 35 year old paint job so it is not perfect. It still has the original interior except for the rear seat back cover which I just recently replaced when I upgraded the audio system. The carpet was replaced in 1981 and really could stand to be replaced.
      BASIC FEATURES:
      · 2003 LQ4 6.0 and 2004 4L60E with Magnacharger
      · Baer Track brakes front and rear.
      · QA1 coil-overs at all 4 corners, custom rear mounts ahead of axle.
      · UMI tubular control arms with roto-joints at all 4 corners.
      · Hybrid factory/late compressor AC system.
      · Speedhut custom CAN-BUS instruments
      · B-body fuel tank with Aeromotive Stealth pump.
      · Original top was replaced in 2011.
      · Hidden audio system, Alpine head unit, Kicker 700 watt amp, dual JL Audio 10” subs, Kicker mids.
      · Top of the line 3M 40% window tint to block UV and lower cabin temp.
      · Grand Cherokee steering box upgrade.
      · The trunk has been fully carpeted and has a trapdoor for fuel pump access.
      OE FEATURES:
      · Factory A/C
      · Hood Tach (not working)
      · Power top
      · 68 Hurst His and Hers shifter.
      · Rear wing
      · Tilt wheel
      · Factory wood look wheel.
      · 8.2 10 bolt LSD, 3.50 gears.
      THE REST OF THE STORY: It was never my intent to make this a concours winning show car. I have made many updates and modifications over the last 10 years that I have owned the car. My inspiration was to build a very driveable pro-tour style car while not losing the flavor of the original.
      The original 400 2 barrel engine and TH400 transmission were abandoned years ago. I have updated the drivetrain to a 2003 LQ4 with Magnacharger and a 2004 4L60E. The engine is basically stock to retain driveability and street manners. I have retained the air conditioning and it still works. The cooling system was upgraded to a custom aluminum radiator with dual fans. The aftercooler is mounted low and in front of the radiator and oversize AC condenser. I used Dougs mounts and coated Dougs headers backed by a Magnaflow SS exhaust system.
      The electronics have been upgraded to a 2006 E40 ECU and 2006 T42 TCM tuned by Bluecat, I modified the OE truck harness.
      The car fires right up and never misses a beat. The LS engine makes this car an absolute pleasure to drive. I have made 300 plus mile trips with absolutely no issues. The suspension provides dead straight tracking and no drama cornering. The brakes insure straight true positive stopping power. The car drives as well as my 335I BMW and gets far more looks.
      I have had this car longer than any other. I am at a point where I have to decide whether I make the next step and paint the car and upgrade the interior or move on to another project. At the top of my wish list is replacing the Porsche 911 I regret selling many years ago.
      The price is $30,000.00, which doesn’t even scratch the surface of the replacement cost. I might consider partial trades for something that really piques my interest. 911 Porsche, TR6, BMW Z3M, C6 Corvette? I might also consider a partial trade for a Sport Tour motorcycle, BMW K12GT or similar.
      If you are serious please email or call. Principals only, no third parties unless you are a licensed dealer with proper credentials.

Name:  May 4 2014 - 2.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  176.8 KBName:  May 4 2014 - 1.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  141.8 KBName:  New underhood 3.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  168.2 KBName:  Dash 12.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  135.3 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Very nice... GLWS

Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

SOLD thanks for looking

I was wondering why it was still here...HELL OF A DEAL IMO...I'm just about done with building my mopar and I'm still wanting to get back to bow-tie side of the world...somebody is going to be really happy

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com