Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Sorry to hear that you have to let this go so close to complete. Nice work on the car. Good luck with the sale.
      Sam
      Northern UT.
      '68 Camaro "Bodacious"
      '56 210 2dr "Buckshot"

Country Flag: United States
      Bummer for sure, did car get flooded ?

Quote Originally Posted by bootlegr View Post
      Bummer for sure, did car get flooded ?
      No flood. We were lucky. Business is just slow and i could use the money as a reserve is things really get bad. This is a last resort but again not 100% sure on the cars realistic value.

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      Why not post it here?
      I may possibly do that. But I need to figure out a realistic number. The whole " its worth what someone is willing to pay for it" kinda comes into effect. Need opinions or a professional advice in order to put a price on her.

I will start the bidding at $1500 cash, just kidding. As you are probably aware you are going to lose your ass if you sell it. Lifes setbacks are usually temporary and you should consider putting a car cover over it and keeping it till things get better. Houston is a great place to do business and if you hustle you can make money here. I hope you can keep the car long enough to enjoy it. Take some deep breaths and don't make any hasty decisions. Finish this bad beast up and lets go for a cruise.

Dan

I 2nd what Dan said. From my experience, I only use my O/T pay for my car as not to upset the household balance. The oil industry has not provided any O/T for 3 years now so my project sits in waiting until something happens to make funds available again to continue. I keep myself busy with small fab projects just to keep forward progress while avoiding major purchases. Hang in there if you can. In the end, only you know your situation. Good luck.

Gonna keep her and try and finish it. May just have to keep under a tarp and storage for the time being but from what im seeing and hearing selling it would just be like giving her away and thats not an option. Ill try and post some updates when i can get back to working on it.

Glad to hear you are keeping it.
      Sam
      Northern UT.
      '68 Camaro "Bodacious"
      '56 210 2dr "Buckshot"

Quote Originally Posted by 69chevelle540 View Post
      Gonna keep her and try and finish it. May just have to keep under a tarp and storage for the time being but from what im seeing and hearing selling it would just be like giving her away and thats not an option. Ill try and post some updates when i can get back to working on it.
      Good choice. If we can help, just ask.

Country Flag: Canada
      Throw a price out there...
      May be surprised. Get some dialogue
      Going.
      1971 chevelle LSA 700hp -

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikride View Post
      Throw a price out there...
      May be surprised. Get some dialogue
      Going.
      I'm pretty sure he said he's keeping it in post #67
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Worked on the car last night. put on headlights and started on the grill. Pain the the you know what to get the trim pieces on the grill and mount all of the supporting brackets. I can honestly say that this is one of the most rewarding pics for me. Its like the car now has a face and getting somewhat of a personality when you put the lights and grill on. I've only seen the car with lights and grill for about two days before i took it apart almost 4 years ago so this was a good site.Name:  no grill.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  147.4 KBName:  new grill.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  179.7 KB

Got the rest of the grill pieces on. Lost some blood and skin doing it but for the most part not too too bad. Loving the look.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks killer!!

Great looking front air dam! Who built that?

Thank you...I ordered it from a place called Iwancustoms. Its fiberglass took 8 weeks to get and then i wrapped it with carbon fiber. I just tried to go to the website so i could put a link but looks like they no longer are in business.

- - - Updated - - -

Much appreciated!

That is a really tough looking pic. I like that head on view.
      Sam
      Northern UT.
      '68 Camaro "Bodacious"
      '56 210 2dr "Buckshot"

Quote Originally Posted by 1968CamaroSS_Sam View Post
      That is a really tough looking pic. I like that head on view.
      I have to agree. One of the best pics ive taken of the car. Also, I have to admit the primer color is kinda growing on me. The car was original butternut yellow from the factory and the primer isnt that far off. I have been tossing around going a custom version of butternut yellow bc of how the yellow-ish primer looks. Its somthing you dont see everyday. There may be a good reason for that lol but who knows. Paint is a long way down the road.

Was able to fire off the car today for the first after doing the wiring. It was scary I won’t lie but we’ll worth all the blood sweat and tears. Video doesn’t do it justice but I must say it made a sweet rumble. Had to adjust the idle RPM's a bit but you get the point. Also have to do some investigation on the oil pressure. It was going up to 80 psi on start up then would drop quickly to 15-20psi. next day i fired it up and it was showing 0 and i shut if off quick. Purchased a oil pressure tester to see if its gauge related or not. Hope it is, but we will see. It has a 20401 moroso 7 quart pan and a Moroso street/strip high volume pump 22195 so i really dont know why it would be doing this. maybe the pickup tube came loose? Still has the same oil used only to dyno test it in 2015 so im sure i need to go ahead and replace the oil but that wouldn't cause a zero psi. Next will be getting the brakes dialed in along with some left over electrical like fans, lights and so on. Since I relocated the battery to the trunk I did my own version of the setup. Let me know your thoughts! Youtube video below.

https://youtu.be/lNfXbSR-F0I

Name:  trunk.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  107.1 KBName:  dash and wheel.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  226.1 KBName:  guages.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  186.2 KB

The front of this car has an amazing look to it. Great work and I'm glad you are continuing with the build.

1965 Buick Skylark Sport Coupe V8, Two Door Hardtop - Project
      2014 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic - Daily

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com