Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      How Does Lance Hamilton’s Story & a Workshop Help You Get Faster?

Back in April 2013, Lance Hamilton posted online asking for a little help dialing in his ’85 Monte Carlo for his SCCA autocross efforts. I contacted Lance offline … told him a little about my racing background … and asked him if he is “involved or committed” to improving his car’s handling? He asked me what the difference was, which allowed me to share one of my hundreds of funny sayings.

I said Lance, “have you ever had ham & eggs for breakfast?” He said, “of course.” With a straight face I replied, “well Lance … the chicken was involved in your breakfast … but the pig was committed. Are you involved or committed to improving your car’s handling performance?” Lance said, “I’m committed!”

A short but greasy journey was started that moved his performance levels from finishing in the 80’s of the average 100+ competitors at his Kansas City SCCA autocross events to finishing in the top 20 each & every week. A journey that saw Lance win events and a regional championship. A journey that saw his average, cup holder equipped, air conditioned, small tired, mostly stock Monte Carlo SS become a pretty good competitor at Cam & SCCA events. Along the way we became good friends too.

A few things I shared with Lance from the get go was …
      • The tolerances on these 60’s to 80’s muscle cars was horrible.
      • The geometry from the factory was horrible.
      • And that bolting on aftermarket parts alone was not going to make his car handle at the higher levels.
      • If he wanted to make his Monte go, stop & turn like a race car, he needed to do work.
      • He needed to do his homework … by measuring his car’s suspension & steering.
      • Then he’d need to do the work to modify them.

One of things Lance enjoyed after reworking his Monte was finishing higher in the SCCA Autocross results than lots of Corvettes, Porsches, Miatas, etc. You don’t do that easily. But it doesn’t take as much money as some people think. This was good, because Lance said he had a very small budget to work with. It does take work & getting your suspension geometry “right” and coming up with a balanced suspension package.

So what did Lance & I do?

• First, know that Lance did all the work on his car himself.
      • I just provided the knowledge … game plan … and worked out the calculations for his geometry & suspension set-up.
      • In fact, I never saw the car in person. Still haven’t to this day.
      • Lance & I finally got to meet face to face for lunch at the PRI trade show a year later.

Here is the 7-Step Plan Lance & I did:
      1. I posted instructions online how to measure his suspension and sent Lance an Excel form with all the measurements I needed to input into the Performance Trends Suspension Analyzer software I utilize.

2. He measured his car … which takes a couple guys a weekend … and got me the numbers, which I entered & evaluated.

3. I shared with Lance what was wrong with his car, exactly what it was doing on track and what our geometry targets should be.

4. I outlined what to change in his suspension geometry … why … and how to change it. Lance did all the work. You can see the process we went through in an online thread Lance created at this sticky thread HERE.

5. Once done … I could & did create a suspension package of spring rates & sway bar rates front & rear I was confident would produce a balanced, neutral handling car, right out of the garage. Lance installed it.

6. We added some ridetech shocks with my secret sauce valving that creates higher grip levels front & rear & I provided Lance with my tuning guide & cell number, as I do all my clients

7. When Lance went to next SCCA autocross event he texted me for shock tuning & tire pressure tuning advice … and by the end of that first event on the new setup jumped from running his usual 80th to running 18th overall … and was 2nd in his class.

Wins came soon, but later.

Lance’s ’85 Monte Carlo is not a tube chassis race car. It is very “production.” I kid him about running with a slushee in the cup holder & the A/C blowing on track. It's not a high dollar build, but it out performas a lot of them. Because the car is RIGHT. The suspension geometry is right. The suspension set up (sway bar rates, spring rates) is right. It does have ridetech Control arms, sway bars & shocks. But bolt on parts alone will never make the performance increase Lance has achieved here. We still need good parts, but getting the car right is key.

So … How Does Lance Hamilton’s Story & a Workshop Help You Get Faster?
      • Last year, my workshop tour sold out+++ at every venue.
      • Every year of my five year plan has a DIFFERENT Workshop topic.
      • Last year, I covered the fundamentals of suspension set-ups & tuning.

This year’s topic for 2016 is DIFFERENT than 2015.
      • The title is: The 7 Secrets of of Suspension Mapping, Set-ups & Track Tuning
      • In this year’s workshop I teach everything you need to know to do the 7-Step Plan outlined above … on YOUR car. Any car. All cars.
      • From ’60’s-‘70’s Camaros, GTO’s, Mustangs & other muscle cars to modern day Corvettes, Camaros & Mustangs.
      • Using a lot of visual aids, I make it simple, clear & easy to understand. Just ask any of my past workshop attendees.

In this workshop, you’ll learn the 7-Step Plan:
      1. Simple, basic ways to accurately measure your car’s suspension & steering.
      2. How to use inexpensive Software to see where your geometry is … and clearly understand what it means.
      3. Master what really matters in your geometry … and why it matters!
      4. What the optimum targets for your suspension geometry are. Plus, how to correct or improve your suspension geometry in the real world … in your garage!
      5. My proven methods to create bad fast set-ups on your own! Including how to work out sway bar rates, spring rates & roll centers for a balanced, neutral handling car, right out of the garage.
      6. My secrets & tips to increase grip. No secrets held back. I even explain how my secret sauce valved shocks work. No bull.
      7. Lastly … simple, key Track Day Tuning to dial your car into any track & any track conditions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, attend this workshop:
      * You’ll learn everything Lance did to make his Monte SS a great handling car … in one day.
      * No BS. Guaranteed or your money back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workshops Near 5 Big Events:
      1. May 7th, Saturday, at Ridetech HQ in Jasper, IN / After Cars & Cones Autocross Tour – SOLD OUT !
      2. July 7th, Thursday, in Columbus, OH / Before the Good Guys Event – Almost Sold Out !
      3. July 29th, Friday, in Charlotte, NC / Before the USCA/optima Event – Coming Soon !
      4. Sept 29th, Thursday, in Ft Worth, TX / Before the Good Guys Event
      5. Nov 2nd, Wednesday, in Las Vegas / During SEMA & Before the optima Invitational

Questions:
      Email me at [email protected]

Tickets Only $329: Go HERE.

For more information on Ron Sutton Race Technology:
      Phone: (916) 834-8051
      Email: [email protected]

Someone had to cancel their trip to Columbus, so we had 3 seats open up for that Workshop. Thursday, July 7th, the day before the Goodguys event.

Tickets Only $329: Go HERE.

1 Ticket Left for Columbus Workshop!

The 7 Secrets of Suspension Mapping, Set-ups & Track- Tuning is coming to Columbus Ohio, Thursday, July 7th, the day before the biggest Good Guys event.

Tickets Only $329: Go HERE:

First Two Suspension Workshops of 2016 - Sold Out !

Coming Up SOON:

Charlotte Workshop - Friday, July 29th
      * Day before optima/USCA Event @ Charlotte Motor Speedway

Ft. Worth, TX Workshop - Thurs, Sept 29th
      * Day before GoodGuys Event @ Texas Motor Speedway

Tickets Selling Fast. Get Yours Here:
      http://shop.ronsuttonracetechnology....pping/?ic=6106

Name:  First 2 Sold Out.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  233.0 KB

What Do Past Workshop Attendees Say?

“Ron Sutton’s Seminar is a Must! I was faster after taking his seminar because I understood what my car was doing and what it needed. It opened my eyes to how much of the suspension I could tune along with my driving.”
      – Larry Woo

I learned several new “Pro” design principles that aren’t even mentioned in my library of suspension books. It was a privilege to attend! - David Pozzi

“I thought I may be overwhelmed due to my lack of experience, but that wasn't the case at all. This was an amazing class for me.” – Steven Johnson

“Ron's workshop is a "must-have" learning opportunity. His knowledge and expertise, along with the visual aids, provides an in-depth teaching that is incomparable to other teachings. Ron's experience and patience gives him the ability to teach everything in a simplified manner and he takes the time to make sure everyone understands the concepts that he is teaching.” - Mike Knauss

“I gained so much knowledge from Ron’s course. Definitely worth attending! Sutton’s course was worth its weight in gold!”
      - Efrain Diaz

Charlotte Workshop Almost Sold Out ! 2 Tickets Left

Coming Up SOON:

Charlotte Workshop Almost Sold Out - 1 Ticket Left

Get Your Ticket Here:

Name:  WS - 1 ticket Left.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  274.7 KB

Charlotte = SOLD OUT !

All Ron Sutton Suspension Workshops Sold Out in 2015!

Different Topic for 2016 / First 3 Workshops Sold Out
      Texas & Las Vegas Workshops are Close to Sold Out Already

Hey Guys & Gals. The workshops this year have be fun, fast paced ... and according to the attendees "Very Information & Easy to Understand." I hope you can join me for one of our last two workshops this year in Vegas or Fort Worth. After these two I will NOT be doing this topic again. (Next year will be a different topic) I literally guarantee you'll learn a lot of powerful, usable information to make you a better tuner & your car SIGNIFICANTLY faster.

Fort Worth, Texas Workshop - Thursday, Sept 29th

Las Vegas, Nevada Workshop - Wednesday, Nov 2nd
      * During SEMA & before optima Championship Event @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Get Your Tickets HERE.

Name:  First 3 Sold Out.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  191.9 KB
      Last edited by Ron Sutton; 08-24-2016 at 11:07 AM.

ONLY 2 TICKETS LEFT for the Texas Suspension Workshop!
      Get Yours now! !

Coming Up SOON:

Name:  2016 Workshop Tour Photo Collage - 1000 Pix.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  337.1 KB

ONLY 1 TICKET LEFT for the Texas Suspension Workshop!
      Get Yours now! !

Next Week:

Get Your Ticket Here:

All 4 of the Workshops have Sold Out this Year!

Thanks Attendees & Partners !!!!

With ONLY 4 TICKETS LEFT for the Las Vegas Workshop ... and 3 weeks to go ... looks like it will sell out too!

Get Yours now!

Las Vegas, NV Workshop - Wednesday, Nov 2nd
      During SEMA & Before optima Ultimate Street Car Finale Event @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway

More info on the Workshops HERE.

Get Your Tickets HERE.

Name:  First 4 Sold Out V2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  240.0 KB

I went to the Dallas Class.

I really enjoyed the micro analysis of the geometry, and the science people have devised to make these cars drive well.

I won't look at a suspension again ever the same way I did before. I'm going to have my cars set up by someone who knows what they are doing at first, so I will have a baseline to work off of, then work with the adjustments one at a time as things appear that might need to be tweaked.

I am hoping with practice and by keeping good notes, I can become somewhat intuitive with the problem solving.

Thanks Ron

I look forward to getting the program I bought so I can start playing with it.

What are the computing requirements to be able to run and use your software?

Quote Originally Posted by tyoneal View Post
      I went to the Dallas Class.

I really enjoyed the micro analysis of the geometry, and the science people have devised to make these cars drive well.

I won't look at a suspension again ever the same way I did before. I'm going to have my cars set up by someone who knows what they are doing at first, so I will have a baseline to work off of, then work with the adjustments one at a time as things appear that might need to be tweaked.

I am hoping with practice and by keeping good notes, I can become somewhat intuitive with the problem solving.

Thanks Ron

I look forward to getting the program I bought so I can start playing with it.

What are the computing requirements to be able to run and use your software?

Hey Ty! Glad you enjoyed the workshop!

The Performance Trends Suspension Analyzer 2.4 software will run on any PC based computer with an operating system of Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, NY, Vista, Windows 7, 8 & 10. The processor & RAM usage is pretty low, so you don't need a super fast or high memory computer.

Go ahead download the program from the CD you received at the workshop. You can get started now (works for 30 days) & your registration code will get to you next week. Take care !

Ron:

Thanks for the information.

It will be a little bit of time to get set up on the computer. We have a Mac house so we will probably need to pencil it into our Computer budget. Maybe X-mas Santa will bring me a PC.

Take care,

Ty O'Neal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com