Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Anyone know to Start a Viper V10 out of the car?

Hello All,

Im new to the forum, but have been following this site for awhile. I am currently trying to build a Pro-Touring type version of a very non-pro touring car.

The car is a 1968 Chrysler Newport 2dr Hardtop....was my late fathers car.

I have just literally started work on it and have been given an opportunity to grab a viper v10 for a good price.

My question is : What do I need to connect to this motor in order to start it on a stand and make sure it isnt a pile of junk?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have seen a few people on here using this motor in there projects and was looking for some advice.

Thanks again

Pete

Country Flag: United States
      You will never be able to start it, without a complete engine wiring harness, electric EFI fuel system, and engine management computer. It would take a lot of work just to get it running on a stand.

Would be much easier to buy/rent a bore scope to look inside the spark plug holes, to view the pistons. Remove the oil pan and check the internals. If the seller is willing, remove a few connecting rod caps and inspect the bearing surfaces.

Tony
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

Country Flag: Canada
      Awesome..

Thanks for the info, its sitting at a wrecking yard in the truck...so I may have to sweet talk the dude into letting me drop the pan. I was just curious if the motor and trans are controlled by the same PCM or if I needed to locate more modules within the truck. The factory repair manual is vague when discussing engine controllers and such.

Thanks again

Pete

Country Flag: United States
      You could trigger the starter to see if it rotates. Also can do a compression test.

67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com