Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

19x9-19x9.5. 1968 Camaro front wheel backspacing with ride tech true turn

Hello all!
      I'm looking to see how much front wheel lip I can get without doing any modifications other then rolling the front fenders.
      I'm will be running ridetech control arms, coilovers, their tru turn system and Baer T4 system once they arrive in the mail! Come on FedEx!
      I've been looking for threads but can't seem to find much on wheels 19x9.5 and 19x9 let alone running the tru turn with a more minimal backspace for a deeper look.
      Any help would be much appreciated or links to helpful threads.

Country Flag: United States

19x9-19x9.5. 1968 Camaro front wheel backspacing with ride tech true turn

Fwiw, on a 9" wheel with 5.5" bs, I've been told front lip would be approx 2" on a set of CCW lm20, or monoblock. Obviously, style of wheel will dictate exactly how much lip too, that same combo in a concave yields virtually no lip, less than 1".

Have you looked up the specs on the 48 Hour Camaro? They are running 18x10 on that 67 Camaro with ridetech suspension.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Have you looked up the specs on the 48 Hour Camaro? They are running 18x10 on that 67 Camaro with ridetech suspension.

Yes they're running an 18x10 with 5.75BS
      They had to modify the inner fender(not sure how much) and roll the outer fender lip I believe.
      I'm looking at the Forgeline GZ3.
      Just looking for the least amount of backspace I can run without compromising steering using a 19x9.5 or 19x9 so I can get the most lip/dish/front space.

We have the fitment information for the ridetech tru turn. Give me a call and we can discuss your fitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtoler View Post
      Yes they're running an 18x10 with 5.75BS
      They had to modify the inner fender(not sure how much) and roll the outer fender lip I believe.
      I'm looking at the Forgeline GZ3.
      Just looking for the least amount of backspace I can run without compromising steering using a 19x9.5 or 19x9 so I can get the most lip/dish/front space.
      Mark Schetter
      Forgeline Motorsports, LLC
      Dayton, Ohio
      1-800-886-0093 x12
      [email protected]
      www.forgeline.com

Join Our Newsletter Mailing List

dont know if id run 19" in front, unless your at stock height, rear no prob for sure, even a 20" but for the front 18" max, 9.75 bs max as well. Currently im running 5.5 bs on a c5 wheel 9.5 wide and 275 35 18. modified fender wells, rolled lip and 3" drop in front, 600 lb spring rate helps too.

Name:  2.15.18.D.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  35.7 KB Name:  tru turn 18s.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  79.9 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com