Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Noisy Speedo Cable Or Speedo With Tko 600

I just finished installing a TKO 600 in my 69 Camaro.
      The speedo and/or the cable is pretty noisy.
      The noise wasn't there before the swap. The trans came with a new cable. I sprayed a little white spray grease down the cable before I installed it. Could this have messed something up ? Maybe it's not seated in the speedo head ? Any ideas or common problems to look for ?

Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Did you put a little grease on the connector to the speedo as well?

If the problem persists you could go to an electronic speedo--it's what I'm running and it works very well-piece of cake to calibrate as well.

Paul
      1980 Pontiac Trans Am, Chevy Big Block 468, TKO 600 Trans, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, Eaton/Motive 3:73's, 18" Coddington Junkyard Dogs, Nitto NT555 rubber, Autometers http://www.fquick.com/Bandit
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2458763

Jeff
      Check the routing of the cable. Too many sharp bends will cause it to bounce and will be noisey.

I think the noise is actually in the speedo. I didn't have any sharp bends. I'm gonna' have the speedo repaired and go from there.
      I disconnected the cable from the speedo and the noise went away. I don't here the noise coming from the cable as it turns when going down the road. The cable is still connected to the trans.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com