Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Gen 2 Coyote Engine (2015-up) install

Hello everyone,

Looking to see if anyone has installed what Ford Racing is referring to as the Gen 2 Coyote. I purchased mine (still waiting on delivery) and one of the changes is the Charge Motion Control Valves (CMCV). Looking to see what anyone has done to remove and/or relocate them. The way I mocked up a borrowed coyote engine, the new parts on the Gen 2 will not fit because my engine is set back to almost touching the firewall. Modding the firewall will be my last resort because I don't want to deal with the snowball affect it will create. Any photos would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting. We also have one in order for a 69 Cougar. I didn't realize they were different in that regard, subscribed lol.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Interesting. We also have one in order for a 69 Cougar. I didn't realize they were different in that regard, subscribed lol.

-Dale
      I'm really hoping that is the only obstacle Dale. Lol. Other than the CMCV, you also don't get the driver's side header. I also hope this go around doesn't have the stalling issues like the 1st gen. Ford finally fixed the controls pack for the 1st gen by adding the VSS wiring, but the Gen 2 controls pack doesn't have it again. I'm hoping the in/out clutch switch serves as the function to let the PCM know the car is coming to a stop and prevent it from stalling.

Oh ok interesting.. Fingers crossed lol.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Any updates? I'm waiting to see how this all pans out before I take the plunge for my 70 Mach 1. Is the Gen 2, that much better than the Gen 1 to deal with the differences between the 2?
      69 Camaro RS/SS convertable now being rebuilt again, out with the old in with more new

ETA, last time I'm tearing it down!!

I ended up modifying the firewall to gain the extra clearance I needed. Also moved the engine about an 1" forward. I do have a few updates in my build thread also. As to if it is much better, I'm not sure. I primarily bought the Gen II coyote because it w/controls pack was on sale at Jegs for $7k and I didn't want to miss the boat. From what I researched it's suppose to produce more power overall and throughout the RPM range than the Gen I. The increase in torque under the curve is from the CMCVs and lessons learned from the Boss engine.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...7-Cougar-Build

You can swap to a Boss 302 intake, or an older intake, to gain the clearance back. However it will need a tune afterward.
      We've been putting Boss intakes on most of the swaps lately.

SchwartzPerformance

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com