Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Which style Vintage Air firewall bulkhead?

Am in the process of smoothing my firewall on my 67 Camaro, and I'm stumped on which style bulkhead to go with. I'm planning on running the hoses through the inner fender for a cleaner look, and was looking for some feedback on the easiest style bulkhead to work with for this application. I'm trying to decide between the inline 4 in a row style, or the two on top of the other square style. Any pics on mounting location would be appreciated. Thanks

Which style Vintage Air firewall bulkhead?

We use the inline a lot. The 4 square can be difficult to work on if there's an issue, but they run together a little nicer through the fender.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Inline for me. Before i would go square i would get http://www.iimuch.com/collections/ac

When I did the original VA install on my El Camino, I went with the 4 square version and what a pain it is to get all the fittings tight. However, once it's all together, it's a good fit. If I ever did it again, I'd probably go with the inline.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

So you guys use the 10 10 10 6 at the firewall. And what about if you use a bulk head at the inner fender too? My compressor has a 10 and 8 but all I can find in the bulk head is 10's and a 6,

The 8 goes to the condenser, and a 6 comes back from it. That 8 hose typically just goes forward directly to the condenser.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Thanks for the help guys. I decided on the inline style. Just looked at some of the restomod air bulkheads, and they look pretty dang cool. Also like their a/c vents, has anyone used any of their products?

mine using this bulkhead is darn tight under there. Honest which my unit was moved about an inch over to the drivers side. The ac hoses aren't bending a lot and are under stress. Might use the ez hoses since i think they are more flexible

The a/c bulkhead is an often ignored element in any car a/c system installation, or sometimes something that’s just hidden away where it can’t be seen…but not these! Our custom aftermarket a/c bulkheads are custom designed creations that demand to be shown off. Like all Restomod Air aftermarket a/c system components, our custom aftermarket a/c bulkheads are milled from premium materials and finished to show quality. Choose your shape and install the best of the best!
      https://www.restomodair.com/view-all...cts/bulkheads/

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com