Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 66 GMC Build

Country Flag: United States

66 GMC Build

Getting somewhat close to finally finishing the 66 for my fiancé to race next year. It is exactly like the truck my grandpa had that I learned to drive in other than being a shortbed. I used the ridetech coilover conversion front and rear. Very happy with the parts and service from ridetech. I added A No Limit rack conversion and one of their aluminum fuel tanks. Rob was great to deal with and his parts are also top notch.
      Motor is an aluminum 5.3 with Lingenfelter heads and a fairly large cam. TH350 trans with shift kit and manual valve body with engine braking. Full floating 9" Moser rear and will have 14" C6 Z06 brakes front and rear.
      Wheels are custom made 3 piece minilite replicas from American Legend, formally known as KWC Forged. I have their wheels on my Camaro and they are high quality. 315 Falken 615k's front and rear. Will have to run a custom splined sway bar up front so they will clear.
      Paint will have matte clear and airbrushed patina in spots to make it resemble my grandpa's truck. Frame has been blasted and coated. Cab has been raptor lined underneath. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attached Images Attached Images            
      Aarik
      68 Camaro LS2/T56, Jake's Rod Shop C6 Subframe, JRS torque arm. Ridetech TQ Shocks

Subscribed! Keep the updates coming.

^^^ yup, subscribed here too. Glad to see more trucks getting built for the track. Keep up the great work and the updates.

Looking great! Can't wait to see more.
      -Mike

Getting closer, interior is Raptor Lined and put the original floor mat back in. Installed the No Limit fuel tank which is a super nice piece. Grille and front end parts are just on for wiring. Using a universal kit. I'm building a gauge panel out of aluminum that will hold the tablet to display gauges from the OBD port. Super cheap and works like a Racepak.
      Aarik
      68 Camaro LS2/T56, Jake's Rod Shop C6 Subframe, JRS torque arm. Ridetech TQ Shocks

Country Flag: Canada
      This is going to be good, sub'd.

What brand gauge app is that? And what tablet?

Nice integration!
      That's close to a cluster we just put together for a C10.
      Sounds like you have the same general idea and I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoen View Post
      What brand gauge app is that? And what tablet?
      It is a Nexus 7 tablet using the Torque App and added on the Racing Dash Plug in. The round circles on top of the screen change colors with RPM's. You can literally set anything you want that comes from an OBD port. I have a Bluetooth OBD plugin that connects with it.
      Aarik

Thanks, trust me I would much rather have that autometer dash but trying to somewhat keep this truck "cheap" tough to run my car and the truck at the same time at all the events. Here is the dash I just somewhat finished tonight. I'm still not sure if I'm going to add any gauges to the sides of the tablet or not.
      I used a double din radio mount and made an aluminum plate to mount it in. It should work well.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  138.4 KB

Views: 1854
Size:  148.9 KB

Views: 1858
Size:  140.3 KB

Views: 1832
Size:  101.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Munssey View Post
      Nice integration!
      That's close to a cluster we just put together for a C10.
      Sounds like you have the same general idea and I cant wait to see how it turns out.
      Aarik

This is the next build I have floating around in my head. I am probably one of the few that prefer the gmc grill too.
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      This is the next build I have floating around in my head. I am probably one of the few that prefer the gmc grill too.
      The only negative about the grille to me is that it is a lot heavier than a Chevy grille. Wish I didn't have the extra weight out on the nose. The truck is actually a GMC. Most people don't know the dash and hood is different too.
      Aarik

Kore3 brake adapters are on, trying to decide what front rotors I want to run. Not sure if it's worth the cost to go with a 2 piece rotor even though I know they will help shed some weight..
      Aarik

66 GMC Build

Wheels are finally done, should be driving soon!
      Aarik

Looks awesome. Love the wheels.
      Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

Very nice.

Gustave

Lookin' good. Is the alternator bracket from a truck engine? I just bought a stock C5 bracket for mine and it interferes with my steering shaft. Yours looks much higher and might work for me. BTW, your wheels look great! Nice work.

Thanks guys!

The Alt bracket is from a truck, I also tried the Vette bracket and it was too tight for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by windows View Post
      Lookin' good. Is the alternator bracket from a truck engine? I just bought a stock C5 bracket for mine and it interferes with my steering shaft. Yours looks much higher and might work for me. BTW, your wheels look great! Nice work.
      Aarik

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger67RSSS View Post
      Thanks guys!

The Alt bracket is from a truck, I also tried the Vette bracket and it was too tight for my liking.
      Thank You. I'll give that a try. I appreciate the help.

New wheels are on, very happy with the way they turned out. Driveshaft and bleed brakes and its ready for a test drive
      Aarik

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com