Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LQ4 intake on L92/LS3 Heads?

Will it work? I know its probably not the optimal configuration. I have a LQ4 installed in a 69 Camaro currently running with a PSi harness. I am using the truck accessories and do not want to convert to the DBW TB or car accessories. I would like to do a cam swap, should I just upgrade the pushrods and springs and leave the 317 heads on? Trying to do this as inexpensively as possible since the car needs attention elsewhere. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Tim

The shape of the intake ports are wrong. What are you looking to do here? You could get a set of 243's or 799's and that would give you a nice compression bump with the cam swap.

The LQ4 is rectangle port and the LS1/2 are cathedral correct? I just wanted to try to keep my truck accessories and TB without going to the lower LS1 style intake. Don't want to end up changing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tims 69 View Post
      The LQ4 is rectangle port and the LS1/2 are cathedral correct? I just wanted to try to keep my truck accessories and TB without going to the lower LS1 style intake. Don't want to end up changing everything.
      LQ4/LS1/2/6 are cathedral. The L92/LS3 are rectangular.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Sorry I looked quickly at a Hot Rod article and they had the 317's listed as rectangle port. So I should be able to bolt on my 243 heads and use the LQ4 intake.

Sorry I looked quickly at a Hot Rod article and they had the 317's listed as rectangle port. So I should be able to bolt on my 243 heads and use the LQ4 intake.
      You'd be better off with the 243 heads and LS6 Intake

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas 69 View Post
      You'd be better off with the 243 heads and LS6 Intake
      Yes, the 243's will bolt on, and you can keep your truck accessories with the truck intake. LS6 intake would look nice, but you'll have to change your water pump. It's not a direct bolt on.

How much power you looking to make?

JORDAN

Was thinking of just getting the Dorman LQ4 replacement intake it looks cleaner than the truck one. Would like to be in the 400+ range.

Was thinking of just getting the Dorman LQ4 replacement intake it looks cleaner than the truck one. Would like to be in the 400+ range.
      If you decide to go with ls3 heads, I have an ls3 intake with fuel rails and injectors that I need to sell. Pm me if you go that way and I will save you some cash.
      Stephen

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com