Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Country Flag: United States
      So here are the updates so far, I think I took, 3-5lbs of paint and bondo off of the front fender, patched a few places last weekend. Hoping I can bondo and prime it and the door this weekend.

I also have some fun pics of the engine and the headers while I'm waiting for the powder coating to come back to me.

Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

Slower progress than I was hoping, but I got my parts back from powdercoating/ ceramic coating

Next big move is to turn the car around in the garage so I can do rust repair on the passenger side. Planning a trip to the junkyard so I can get some rear springs and brake master parts too.
      Tim

Sweet build!

My Dad was a big Thunderbird guy for years and he bought a '64 to be my first car. Don't remember why but it got sold before I was even close to driving. This build makes me wonder what could have been if I had gotten it.
      74 Duster 360 -> original 4 speed car, .99 TB's, 1.25" SB, RCD's, 245/45R17's, rear disk brakes and front 13" Cobra rotors with PBR PDC calipers, functioning CC retrofit

Thanks DionR!

I Finally got the car on the ground and backed it into the garage to keep the fun going. I need to find a source for coils to replace the front springs to a way lower print rate and to lower the front end by at least 2"

Tim

Very nice build, subscribed.

any update on the bird?

I have a decent amount of new progress, but I need to figure my photobucket account out...I have the trunk floor 100% in and have a cradle for the fuel tank roughed in. I have a different 'direction' that I'll be going on this project: I was originally going to to all of the dirty bodywork before trying to get the thing to run, but I can't wait that long.

After I paint the rest of the underbody I'll be focusing on wiring, fuel systems, etc...to try to start the engine again (it was running before pulled from the donor). Since the dash will need to be in for good I've turned my attention to that. I've seen a post or two of guys fiberglassing the old vinyl dash panel instead of spending several hundred dollars on a new cap, so I'm part way into that process now too...
      Tim

Did anything ever happen with this? This build is one I watched closely when it was getting updates and always wanted to see the finished car.

^^^^I was watching this build closely, too. I would like to know what happened to this car.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com