Country Flag: United States
      This is awesome, coming along great!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      This is awesome, coming along great!
      Thanks very much!!

Well I'm stoked to say the least. A bit more trimming and adjustment but I got it in place. I need to get some more steel to finish of the front mounts but otherwise it is in, bolted up and rolling. And as I said, I'd get in and make car noises and that I did. Woo Hoo!!

I still can't get over how well it fits.

Heck with the truck body , Get the rest of the mechanical, fuel & electrical together & take it for a spin like that.

Don't temp me....hahaha!

It looks good! I'm still at the making curse noise point on my build.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Cheers, Wayne!
      Don't worry, every time I walk past my 69 Mustang it gets dirty looks off me too...

A few steps forward and a few back the last few days. It's out of the shed for the first time. I don't think much will happen now until after I take it to see the engineer in the first week of Feb.

looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by nimblemotorsports View Post
      looking good!
      Thanks!

I’m impressed!

By engineer in Australia , I guess you mean someone that has to inspect it for licensing purposes?

Gotta say what you got sitting there is one hell of an accomplishment since November 24 th. But hey , you got plenty you could do till then to get ready for some assembly. You could hook up steering column with a temporary mount , temporary mount gauge cluster, hook up the wiring, etc to get it fired up.
      Oh, and the important item, temporary twin seats.
      Engineer may want a ride, just have him bring spare clean shorts.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with your imagination and production.

Quote Originally Posted by cornfedbill View Post
      I’m impressed!
      Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      By engineer in Australia , I guess you mean someone that has to inspect it for licensing purposes?

Gotta say what you got sitting there is one hell of an accomplishment since November 24 th. But hey , you got plenty you could do till then to get ready for some assembly. You could hook up steering column with a temporary mount , temporary mount gauge cluster, hook up the wiring, etc to get it fired up.
      Oh, and the important item, temporary twin seats.
      Engineer may want a ride, just have him bring spare clean shorts.
      Yes, that is correct. The entire build needs to be inspected and certified for registration(licensing) before I am allowed to use it on public roads.

Thanks very much! I'm very happy with what I have managed to do in 8 weeks. My goal was to have it rolling for inspection and I did just that.

There's still heaps that can be done or that I can work towards but with the chassis for now I need to get more advice from the engineer to what he wants done. I need to build it to suit his requirements. And modifying the chassis is what I need his input on. I know what I want to do, I just need the ok from him before I do it.

When I first spoke to him to put across my idea, I wanted the ok before starting, he was very exciting at the possibilities. I guess he sees so much of the same old thing, something left field was exciting. I'm really keen to hear what he has to say now that it is more than just an idea in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegocamaro View Post
      I have to say, I'm very impressed with your imagination and production.
      Thanks very much!

I didn't post this before as it was more me working things out in my head. But I had a go at fitting the front end. It didn't go to plan.
      I sat it as far back as I could to align the wheels with the wheel arches. But because the Audi engine is so far forward, it doesn't fit. Which means there is no room for the radiator. When I originally aligned the chassis to driveline placement, I allowed enough room at the front in between the chassis rails for the radiator and other pieces. Now that I know these don't fit in this space, I need to come up with other options. Which is fine. But the chassis rails are now pushing the front too far forward. I can section out the area under and behind the grill but it would be easier if I can just take 100mm or so off the chassis rails. This is one thing I need to clear with the engineer first.

I got the tank into place too but it also fouls on the chassis. It needs to come up about 50mm at the front to allow clearance for the driveshaft.

I'm thinking of placing the radiator here

This is a crude illustration, my photoshop skills are poor, of how I could produce air ducts to circulate airflow under the tray bed.

This is a photo someone shared with me ages ago. This is the style of bed I'm going for.

You might try doing what they do on the Porsche Boxster and other cars, and use two smaller radiators ahead of the front wheels.
      Looks like plenty of room in the wheel wells. This actually works well as the air flows out the wheel wells from the grill, add some deflectors
      to channel the air to the sides behind the grill. Given the depth of the grill, could probably trim a little in the back too.

Name:  2007_Porsche_Cayman_S_SharkWerks_RS350_LWF_TechArt_GT_Sport_Aerokit_07.JPG
Views: 934
Size:  140.5 KB

Good idea but unfortunately that space is already spoken for. That is where the twin intercoolers will be fitted. There are also two more small radiators fitted behind each intercooler which go there too.

I like your idea of placing the radiator behind the cab and under the bed.

The level of insanity here just blows my mind.
      Rock on Sir.... Rock. On.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com