Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

5th Gen Module in a 1st Gen Tank

I've been doing lots of reading on the vaporworx 5th Gen modules but have a some questions.

I already have a factory 5th gen module and the C5 pressure regulator. If I were to keep the module's factory pressure regulator and plumb the pressure output to the Vette regulator and route the return line back to the module's reservoir would that help the venturi pumps in keeping the reservoir full? Or, is the 4th Gen pressure regulator mod available separately? I could then do away with the Vette reg.

The two venturi pumps: Along with the one pump's bottom fitting normally going to the driver's side of the 5th gen tank, I assume there is one in the module for the passenger's side of the tank. Will the module venturi pump work well enough by itself or should I also connect a remote pickup to the second pump's bottom fitting? Or maybe just leave the fitting open to suck fuel that's in the vicinity of the module? The car is an LS2, street driven.

Thanks!

Larry

Country Flag: United States
      you should get a hold of carlc or ricks tanks . they should be able to get you the parts you need for the regulator conversion and the pickups if you want to go that way. you could also get a ricks restomod tank that is already setup.
      1970 Elcamino ls3/t56, ricks/vaporworx, sc&c afx ,forgeline zx3, kore3 z51/ls1
      1969 Camaro ls1/t56, ricks/vaporworx, ride-tech,forgeline ga3,
      1996 civic the car that makes it all possible

Country Flag: United States
      It's really quite difficult to use a C5 FFR return type regulator with a Gen5 module. The return needs to go back into the module reservoir. That means an additional weld-in tank fitting, in-tank hose, extra external fittings, etc.

After all is said and done using the C5 parts costs significantly more and will take much more time to install vs. the adapted in-module regulator. There is no performance difference between the two.

VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com