Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I bought them from Inline Tube. Very happy with them. If you order them off eBay thru them they are a tick cheaper for some reason.

In other news I was able to spend some time on the car today. Had a few small rust spots in the right rear wheel well that needed to be addressed. Cut out the offending areas and made patch panels. They were about 2"x6" and went right along the edge by the frame. Was working along, moving back and forth to spread the heat and realized there was a lot of smoke. Guess who forgot to remove the trunk carpet first? What a bonehead move. Little bit longer and I wouldn't have had a body to rebuild. SMH

Wow!!! Glad you caught it in time!!!
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Yeah so am I! LOL I felt like I had to post it even though I didn't want to look like an idiot. If it makes someone else be careful, or remember the little things, it was worth it.

That sucks, but everyone has done it at one time or another I believe. Love the build, keep pushing forward.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Well long time since I updated this thread. Back surgery really put a damper on things especially my motivation. I'm finally getting back into a normal routine. I also changed jobs since I posted last so I've been busy with that. Love my new job fabricating with plastic and stainless steel versus dealing with the public. Hahaha. Anyways. I had some rot to fix underneath the car. More than I anticipated. Had to cut out and replace the crossmember in front of the rear tires, and fix several other. Some just required being cut open so I could remove the captured nut and then remove the broken bolt. All but 4 mounts required some kind of repair. Ugh, I'm glad that's over with! On with the pics.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Brown truck came today with my tires. I'll be running 4 of these on 18x9.5 wheels. I'm in the garage now plugging away on the car. I also dropped a couple of engine accessory brackets off to be powder coated so I can switch to a serpentine belt setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Streetbu View Post
      Brown truck came today with my tires. I'll be running 4 of these on 18x9.5 wheels. I'm in the garage now plugging away on the car. I also dropped a couple of engine accessory brackets off to be powder coated so I can switch to a serpentine belt setup.
      I can't wait to see it sitting on those all around, awesome.
      My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

Agreed. Keep it movin'!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Thanks guys! Water pump came today, alternator will be here Monday. Powdercoated brackets should be done Wednesday. Had to order some misc hardware, that will be here about the same time. Now that I'm getting closer to putting the body back on, I'm also getting more excited and interested in the project again. Wife said all she wants for her birthday is a ride in the car. That gives me until mid July. Oh and Ben, I stole your wheel idea, once I get some $ I'm going to order the Vision Torque 18x9.5's

Well we had our taxes done and I knew we were going to owe. Luckily we didn't owe as much as I had saved for so I was able to order the wheels! Also had two brackets for the accessories powder coated. That's starts another story though. For now, here's a pic of the wheels I ordered. 18x9.5 :D

My son bought those for his car, painted them black and ran NT555 Nitto 275s on 'em. With the fender lips rolled it was a tight squeeze but worked. For the price they seemed like a good wheel, I like the deep lip look. After a while he didn't like the shape of the spokes how they curve back in at the hoops so he's getting new ones but I thought they looked decent. I'm thinking of getting these in a 20x9.5 for when I drop my 77 Suburban. Can't wait to see 'em on the 'Bu!

-Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Thanks! His car is where I got the idea from! Did he have to use any spacers? Seems like 5.25" bs on the front is going to be tight. On the rear I should be ok since I notched the frame

Well it's been awhile since I updated the thread so I give the highlights. I upgraded to Vortec heads which I installed Comp Cams retainers and LS6 springs on. Used 1.6 ratio full roller rockers, new Edelbrock intake which I had powdercoated, serpentine belt set up also powdercoated, and coated headers... Much more work and $ than I anticipated but well worth it in the end.

Name:  IMG_20180329_205118.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  178.7 KBName:  IMG_20180319_201021.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  320.5 KB

I wanted to start the engine before I dropped the body back down just in case I messed something up. Of course no cooling system so I could only run it for a very short time.

https://youtu.be/6TzSfYeTAYE

- - - Updated - - -

Then this happened today :D

https://youtu.be/JxusHeq2bPE

Nice!

Well a lot of progress has been made. Body is back on the frame! New tires and wheels are on, new steering shaft in, electrical being hooked up. Still lots to do but momentum is good!

I've been seeing those wheels popping up a lot recently, and they don't "work" on everything. But these look great on your 'Bu. Nice choice.

Jay

Thank you!

Nice work!!
      Ernesto M.

Engine runs with a turn off the key!

https://youtu.be/Ud5Lf26VA7s

Working on brakes, and finish up the clutch linkage then it just need an alignment and a turn signal switch.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com