Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: racpak hookup?

Country Flag: United States

racpak hookup?

hello, i have a iq3s racpak dash and i am trying to hook up to a mast motorsport ecu m90, has anybody attempted this before? i think i can get the can line system to work but the racpak does not have that ecu on the charts, but i think it is a can system like others. the forum for racpak does not have much activity but this forum has help out a lot already . thanks

I am planning on doing the exact same thing. I talked to both racepak and mast, I have all my notes at my office with part numbers of everything we need. They are not listed on racepak's website, I will get my notes and chime back in.

The mast m90 uses the popular CAN bus protocol J1939, which should have no problem communicating with the iq3 racepak dash. You will need part# 280-CA-EFICAN, cost should be around $50. You will have to manually enter each input in the "user configure" page under "ECU Options" to make sure the iq3 knows which signal is from the actual sensor you want. In other words, you want your engine oil pressure reading on the iq3 to actually read the oil pressure, not coolant temp. I have not personally done this yet, I'll be awhile before I'm at that point. This is how it "should" work from my research, please let us know how you are coming with yours. I'm really curious if it's that simple.

thanks for the info, we ordered that can module and should get it sometime this week, i have been trying to find directions on how to program the can module and have not been able to locate them,, i will let you know how things are going

well I tried and have not got anything to work yet, did talk to mast but it looks like I need to play with racepak more and maybe call them back..

Thanks for the update, hope you get everything figured out.

I tried every way known to man to get the IQ3 and M-90 to work via can bus with no luck on Angelo Vespi's Camaro (DSE Build) I ended up using a USM (universal sensor module) and stand alone sensors. I hope this helps.
      Eric Evans

thanks for the update, did you by chance ever use 230-vm-obd2 module to convert it from the obd2 port off the m-90. thanks

ok after talking with mast , it does not seem like the racepak is going to work with there computer, i just need somebody to figure out if recap can support j1939 can coding. racepak is not helpful at all but mast has been very helpful. i can't believe that nobody has hook up this combo before.

This is disappointing. When I talked to racepak, they made it sound like it would work no problem. When I told them the m-90 is a can bus protocol j1939, they said no sweat. Mast told me they thought one of their customers was using the racepak on an airboat with the m-90. Appreciate all the work your going through, hope you get it figured out.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com