Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Can anyone give me a estimate to the worth of a LS engine?

My son bought a LS-1 engine out of a 2000 Camaro last summer to put in a Trans-Am. He has since sold the Trans Am but still has the LS-1. Being of old school, naturally aspirated engines, my first thought was "we need to tear it down and replace rings and bearings" After looking at the motor I was amazed at the way it looked. Bearings were perfect, rings were great, etc. I never thought a motor with 200k miles could look like this. (My first LS motor tear down) I was used to the old sbc engines where you dipped the sludge out of the block! Any way, he's wanting to sell the engine since he bought a truck and wants to use the money for it. The motor is complete (although disassembled) with everything.

It has the complete motor, accessories, radiator, fans, AC with condenser etc, all uncut engine harness, and ECU.

We were wondering what a fair price would be for all of this. Not wanting to rip anyone off just want a fair price. The motor was running when it was shut down.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Carl

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

200k miles will scare off a lot of buyers. $1000-1500 since it is tore down. Manual trans harness and ECU will get more money than an auto.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

It did have a six speed with ecu.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com