Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 Mustang pro Touring build

Hi Guys,

Looking for some input on a potential project.... I am a Camaro guy at heart, but have the desire to build something other than a 69 Camaro as my next build. I have a rust free 69 Fastback Mustang (base car), that I feel is a perfect candidate for a pro-touring build up because it is so clean and unmolested. Here is my question..... will a 69 Mustang pull the $100K a 69 Camaro will/does? There is no doubt, these Mustangs are bad ass when done "right"! Many people will argue that you can't make any money on a top notch build given the expense, probably true if you are paying for a lot of the labor, which I will do myself - Assume that all of the build choices will be top notch, suspension, brakes , tires, paint, motor, etc..... My question is not meant to irritate/offend Ford guys, but because I'm not really in-tune with the Mustang market, I just don't know. You see a lot more 69 Camaros done up and out there on the market for sale, probably due to the huge choice of parts (suspension, LS motors, etc). The few Pro-touring Fastbacks I can find, are priced all over the board. I asked this question on another site and got some great input, just looking for some additional thoughts.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com