Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Pinion Angle

Country Flag: Norway

Pinion Angle

I have a problem connecting the two u-joint's on my Unisteer rack and pinion due to the headders (SBC connecting kit).
      How will a 3/8" lift on the motor affect the pinion angle?

Country Flag: United States
      It will def affect it. Might not cause a problem, depending on your existing angles. I'd shim the trans tailshaft the same amount, that should leave you right where you started in regards to engine/trans angle.

Country Flag: United States
      If your engine and trans mounts are 3 feet apart (I'm just guessing, I dunno what your spacing between them is), you will change the angle of your output 0.6 degrees
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com