Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

18x12/18x8 bs questions/fitment weld rts

Getting ready to order wheels for my 1968 camaro and just want a few opinions after all the reasearch I've done on this page.

Here's the wheel specs I plan on ordering:

Rear
      18x12 with 5.2 back spacing. Mini tubbed... 9in with 4 link

Front
      18x8 with 4.7 back spacing... stock front stub with tubular arms

Will I run into any problems or any other recommendations on bs of the wheels? I see summit also sells the rear wheel in a 18x12 with a 5.6 back spacing but wasn't sure if that would benefit me in anyway other then losing some rear rim lip.

Thanks for any input

How wide is your rear axle WMS to WMS? You kinda need to know that dimension before selecting wheels. But just as an example, I'm running 18x12 5.6" bs wheels with a 57" axle width. Up front, I can't offer much advice on the wheel sizing without knowing specifically what your front suspension is. But in general, you should be able to fit an 18x9 wheel with somewhere around 5.750" bs.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Just looking for options. Havent ordered rear yet. I was told a 5.2 bs with a 54in wms would work. Could I get a pic of ur wheel setup.

Also as for the front it's a stock front stub with tubular arms. From what I read I heard a 8in wheel with 4.75 bs is all the wider u should go with on a 245 tire.

18x12/18x8 bs questions/fitment weld rts

Yeah that all sounds right on track, 54" wms as well.

That's still a lot of rim lip in the back with 5.6". We usually run 6.2 on a 12" and it has about a 4" lip.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Yeah that all sounds right on track, 54" wms as well.

That's still a lot of rim lip in the back with 5.6". We usually run 6.2 on a 12" and it has about a 4" lip.

-Dale

This what I'm looking for exactly. Even exact wheel

http://car-from-uk.com/ebay/carphoto...ebay443899.jpg

http://car-from-uk.com/ebay/carphoto...ebay443897.jpg

http://car-from-uk.com/ebay/carphoto...ebay443894.jpg

What size tires are you gonna run on the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by jjteatz View Post
      Just looking for options. Havent ordered rear yet. I was told a 5.2 bs with a 54in wms would work. Could I get a pic of ur wheel setup.

Also as for the front it's a stock front stub with tubular arms. From what I read I heard a 8in wheel with 4.75 bs is all the wider u should go with on a 245 tire.
      These are the 18x12 5.6" bs 57" WMS to WMS axle and up front they are 18x10 6.6" bs with DSE subframe.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

dang! ^^^ looks good. Looks like tail of the dragon pic.
      69 Camaro
      03 z06
      90 mustang coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 2ABodies1FBody View Post
      What size tires are you gonna run on the rear?

Plan on running 335 30 18.... Cars still not in body work and I do have a fender roller. So I want a nice tight fit cuz I will b rolling the fender as much as possible

Any more info guys. About to order axle and want a 18x12 with a 335 30 18. Like to b around a 5.5in bs wheel with a heavily rolled outer fender lip and dse mini tubs. Looking for a 5-6inch lip. What should my wms to wms be roughly. Will b a 9in with disc brakes

My current setup since I can't afford wheels till spring.
      Xxr 526 wheels
      18x10.5 with 6.5 bs
      315 30 18 Bfg g force
      No tubs... stock axle... but somehow almost fit.

i am in a similar situation. I ordered wheels with the back spacing and width I want. Once the new Forgelines arrive, I'll set them up in the rear wheel tub where I feel they look and will perform the best, measure the distance between the two wheel mounting flanges and order the 9" rear housing/axles to the exact width i need.

You could mock up the size wheels you are going to order and take measurements that way. Dont forget to account for rotor thickness and you'll want a decent amount of clearance on both sides of the tire sidewall if you plan to drive aggressive at all.
      335/30/18's seemed a little too wide for my '67 camaro with DSE mini-tubs...

Good luck!
      -Joe

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com