Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

67 camaro door glass

Whats the trick to installing a new track/channel/roller seal assy to a new window glass? It has a rubber seal that goes into the glass channel. It seems way too tight....

There is a tool for doing this it fits over the channel and u hammer on the tool not the channel I'm sure u could take it to a glass shop and let them do it it shouldn't be but a few dollars and if u do it wrong u have a broken glass

It's really not that hard to do. It is hard to get into the channel with the rubber so it seals and doesn't come back out. Make sure you have the right thickness of rubber, or you'll never get it in. Although it sounds creepy I used the equivalent of KY jelly to install mine. It is water based so it will evaporate completely after assembly. Sure makes things go together a lot easier.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I used dish soap on the last set I did. I flipped the glass so the bottom was up, and set the top on few layers of cardboard. Took my time & used rubber mallet to work the channel over the glass. I found some to be easier than others. New glass and new rubber channel can be quite difficult.

Yes dish soap and water. Works well

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com