Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 1978 Trans Am

Country Flag: United States

1978 Trans Am

Hello,

Testing the waters with listing my Trans Am.

This car has underwent a 90% restoration. I purchased the car 15 years ago and just finished it this spring. It sat for many years in a heated garage untouched during this time.
      Mostly everything is new. Here is a short list of what has been done

The engine is Patriot Performance 383 stroker, with quickfuel 750 and a msd 6al. It has a billet pulley set up. Behind the engine is a "newer" Muncie M21. We purchased the trans brand new but it was used in another build for 4,000 miles. The rear end is still factory with a strong posi.
      It has new ceramic coated headers with a Flowmaster dual exhaust system with x-pipe, finished off with "factory" black chromed tips.
      The car just under went a front sub-frame restoration with everything that could have been replaced was. Then everything sandblasted and painted.
      Fresh wet-sand and buff on the paint- It looks awesome for a driver!
      Has a complete Speedhut gauge set with GPS speedo. Car has 249 miles on the build.
      Complete custom interior done by local shop.
      Full JL audio system with 2amps and 9 speakers.

Car was put on a chassis dyno for tunning and made about 350 HP and 370TQ to the rear wheels. There is more in the car, as we had to stop due to a faulty clutch. Since then a brand new clutch was installed.

I have receipts for mostly everything and they total upwards of $60k
      The restoration and interior were both done by professional shops here in northern Illinois

Asking Price- $32,500
      I do have an open car hauler and would be willing to deliver the car for $1.00 per loaded mile, or would be happy to help with shipping.

Why am I selling... I want to change it up, trades I would be interested in are- 1967 Chevelle or a c5/c6

Anyone interested please email/call/text. There is a TON more info to share on the car.

Here are a few photos.

Thank you,
      Brad
      224-4five6-65three8
      Attached Images Attached Images                    

Any feedback?

for some perspective, I sold my total frame off for 35k, LS2/T56, big brakes.. full deal

Quote Originally Posted by stingrayguy View Post
      Any feedback?
      I guess if you want to know, it's definitely a pretty car, but I think stock suspension and a gen 1 SBC in a Pontiac (even a 78) is going to be hard to get $40k out of in today's market.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I gotta agree with the others, I want one of these really bad for some reason so I was all over this post, until I saw the price. As nice as the car looks it doesn't have the original Smokey and the Bandit T/A thing going for it, which probably hurts it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Pontiac...p2047675.l2557
      Erik

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...without-a-name

Camaro LS2, T56, 12 bolt, C6 Z06 brakes, Rushforth Super Spokes, ATS Spindles
      2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

I appreciate the feedback! I understand I will never get what I have into it.

That ls car for 35k was a smokin deal! You had to have much more into it!

I'd be happy to consider "fair" offers for market value. I'd like to sell it.

I used this for a starting value, as the outside is similar, I have much more into the drivetrain and interior compared to this car.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Fire...m=381460691886

I adjusted the price. BUMP

I would mostly like a trade, interested in- cars, trucks, boats, RVs, snowmobiles.. and anything in between.

Bump

wow that is a nice car im selling mine also its the red/red one listed but not as nice as yours if I had the money I would buy it,the silver one is nice also,

It's a shame how many view SBC vs LS these days. SBC can get port fuel injection, symmetrical port layout, etc. Whether it's LS or SBC, I think those T/A shakers should be taking the air from a 4 barrel (efi or carb).

nice car why stingray guy you collect schwinns, corvettes or fish
      yes it does have positraction

My LS2 does exactly that.. I didnt want a "fake Shaker" Im building my 1974 Trans Am now, and did a LQ9 .030 over, with a Holley FI set and will do a shaker on it as well

Quote Originally Posted by F-Body International View Post
      It's a shame how many view SBC vs LS these days. SBC can get port fuel injection, symmetrical port layout, etc. Whether it's LS or SBC, I think those T/A shakers should be taking the air from a 4 barrel (efi or carb).

Quote Originally Posted by F-Body International View Post
      Hello!
      Sorry, I have not checked this sale thread in a few weeks.

Yes, I agree! I've owned many ls's and SBC's. This does feed from the functional shaker. It also makes great power to the wheels, and revs awesome with the GM lightweight flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchoblue View Post
      nice car why stingray guy you collect schwinns, corvettes or fish
      Had the fish, and the car. So it works for me ;)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com