Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      So the engine generates its own rail pressure from a 5 bar feed from the tank? That does make the fuel problem a lot easier than I thought.
      Yes. There is a mechanical fuel pump under the valley cover that is driven off three special lobes that are ground into the cam shaft.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Hi all new member here, I have a 1969 Camaro rally sport and I'm putting this new LT4 in it with a six speed. I wanted to join the discussion.

I am thinking about doing the same thing. Unfortunately I think you are going to have to be a guinea pig if you want to do it currently as I can't find any info on people doing the swap in a first gen camaro.
      1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
      I have. I've done quite a bit of reading on them and every body says they suck unless your putting one in a street rod/hot rod put put show car.

There are two electric pumps that seem to do well for rock crawler guys. A Volvo pump and a pump out of a Toyota Mr2. Both meet the needs for the GM/dse rack my AM frame uses. There are dumb pump versions of both that don't have all the speed sensors and what not. I had planned on going with the S&p mechanical pump to keep it simple. They have a kit for $830 that uses the stock acc. A cover/pulley for the crank/harmonic balencer to run a second forward belt to run a PS pump in a LS3 position.

But I really like this set up if I can get it to work. https://sweetmfg.biz/product.php?pro...&cat=27&page=1
      Do you have a build thread ongoing? I'm really considering putting the wet sump version of the LT4 in my Chevelle Project, after seeing the pricing Schwartz came up with. Was worried about the power steering but that S&P kit you mentioned looks like a good route to take. I also bought a AM frame with the DSE steering rack.

I'm a while off getting an engine so will be lurking around to see what solutions people come up with putting one of these in their projects...

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Lol you paid II Much John.. Sorry, had to.

Yes very nice price for this.

The Ls3 will never get that cheap.. It'll be phased out soon most likely.

-Dale

Now that's funny.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

The big challenge that I believe is still going on in the marketplace is how to support significantly more horsepower in the LT4 platform since the HP fuel pump is the limitation. Hopefully the hot-rod marketplace will figure out how to make a better mousetrap, but that HP pump is a whole different monster than what the industry is used to.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      The big challenge that I believe is still going on in the marketplace is how to support significantly more horsepower in the LT4 platform since the HP fuel pump is the limitation. Hopefully the hot-rod marketplace will figure out how to make a better mousetrap, but that HP pump is a whole different monster than what the industry is used to.
      Carl,

The instructions state:

-Fuel System
      -Low Pressure (Fuel Tank To Engine)
      "The production system uses a returnless variable flow/pressure system that has been incorporated in the Chevrolet
      Performance engine control kit. A returnless fuel system reduces the internal temperature of the fuel tank by controlling the
      speed of the fuel pump and not returning hot fuel from the engine to the fuel tank. If using the Chevrolet Performance engine
      control kit, a pulse width modulation capable fuel pump that delivers 500 kPa (72psi) at 45 gallons per hour is required. If not
      using the Chevrolet Performance engine control system, then a fuel pump and a regulator that delivers 500kPa (72psi) with 45
      gallons per hour of flow must be used."

So looks like a pump with a capacity of at least 72psi / 45gph (170lph) is required, with pwm.

I understand getting even more hp from the LT4 would be the tough part, is that what you're referring to? You're the fuel expert, I'm just reading stuff at this point!

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Wow amazing price!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

at pri it looks like holley now can control the lt motors with there ecu's and they have a intake for the lt1 now also.
      1970 Elcamino ls3/t56, ricks/vaporworx, sc&c afx ,forgeline zx3, kore3 z51/ls1
      1969 Camaro ls1/t56, ricks/vaporworx, ride-tech,forgeline ga3,
      1996 civic the car that makes it all possible

Quote Originally Posted by Jerems View Post
      Do you have a build thread ongoing? I'm really considering putting the wet sump version of the LT4 in my Chevelle Project, after seeing the pricing Schwartz came up with. Was worried about the power steering but that S&P kit you mentioned looks like a good route to take. I also bought a AM frame with the DSE steering rack.

I'm a while off getting an engine so will be lurking around to see what solutions people come up with putting one of these in their projects...

Sorry it been a while for a response I guess I missed your post. No build thread yet. I'm going to be mounting the engine in the chassis/engine mounts after Christmas. Since I have to make my own mounts I'm going to push the engine back into the firewall as much as I can. I did buy the GM bell housing. Looks like it's made by quick time for GM. For the power steering pump there are several options. Aside from the S&P pump I found a company called sweets that makes a power steering pump that will drive off the back of a belt driven sump pump. My engine is a dry sump, I'm waiting to see the new dry sump pan from katech. I'm probably going to send my engine to katech once fitting is done.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
      Sorry it been a while for a response I guess I missed your post. No build thread yet. I'm going to be mounting the engine in the chassis/engine mounts after Christmas. Since I have to make my own mounts I'm going to push the engine back into the firewall as much as I can. I did buy the GM bell housing. Looks like it's made by quick time for GM. For the power steering pump there are several options. Aside from the S&P pump I found a company called sweets that makes a power steering pump that will drive off the back of a belt driven sump pump. My engine is a dry sump, I'm waiting to see the new dry sump pan from katech. I'm probably going to send my engine to katech once fitting is done.
      Right on, I'll keep an eye on what you're working on, my plan is the wet sump version. That S&P kit seems to be for the LT1, not sure if they extra tensioner and idler pulleys for the blower will make it difficult to mount the steering pump. Really any steering pump will work just fine, the only problem is where to mount it and where to tie it into the front accessory kit. Have to maybe get in touch with S&P and see if they have tried their kit on the LT4 or if they have plans for one.

Where do you get a front runner kit for the LT4 ?

I think the front drive set up for the LT4 is in the works, GM had a 1970 Camaro at sema. There is a company ICT billet making motor mounts. I've been calling around to all of the swap manufacturers it seems like spring/summer time we should have everything we need.
      1969 Camaro Factory Rally Sport X11 Hugger Orange / Black

Quote Originally Posted by CA69RS View Post
      I think the front drive set up for the LT4 is in the works, GM had a 1970 Camaro at sema. There is a company ICT billet making motor mounts. I've been calling around to all of the swap manufacturers it seems like spring/summer time we should have everything we need.
      Very cool, thanks for the info, will be keeping an eye for upcoming products and power steering solutions.

Country Flag: Denmark
      Hi Denmark Here new at this forum.
      look for info LT1 LT4 supercharged engine. Do thi engine have simular exorst aoutlets ??
      Any good shop to look for Headers to go in 98 TransAm ?
      Thanks from thi Viking Land

Hey guys,

Just a friendly reminder that we are your go-to source for LT4 crate engines, as well as all other Chevrolet Performance crate engines (LS, ZZ SBC/BBC) and parts.
      We don't have everything on our site.. So just PM, email, or call for quotes & information.

[email protected]
      (815)206-2230
      SchwartzPerformance

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

What's the price for the LS7 crate engine?

Quote Originally Posted by hp jnkey View Post
      What's the price for the LS7 crate engine?
      From their site

http://www.schwartzperformance.com/p...-crate-engine/

Quote Originally Posted by AU Doc View Post
      Thanks AU Doc.

We offer additional discounts for forum members, as well as free shipping within the 48 states on Chevrolet Performance crate engines.
      SchwartzPerformance

I have a 69 Camaro that is currently getting an LT4 engine swap.
      Nathan

1969 Chevrolet Camaro - lt4camaro.com - Instagram: @lt4camaro - Pro-Touring.com Build Thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com