Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      You're cruising right along! I'm curious how you like that dash bar, looks like it will be a knee knocker! Nice job on the engine score too, I pulled off a similar buy, bought a rolled 94 Bronco with less than 1ook on it. Gave the guy $300 and parted/scrapped the rest for $500 and kept the engine and wheels/tires.

Rhurley and zo6killinsbf, I feel the same way about vmf... Crusty old farts that attack you if you go 17's or higher or you don't use original stuff... I go by 66/93project there... Anyway, love this build and I'll be following here. I've read through both of your builds and they're awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      You're cruising right along! I'm curious how you like that dash bar, looks like it will be a knee knocker! Nice job on the engine score too, I pulled off a similar buy, bought a rolled 94 Bronco with less than 1ook on it. Gave the guy $300 and parted/scrapped the rest for $500 and kept the engine and wheels/tires.
      With the Kirkey alum. race seats I used to have it was tight. But they were solid mounted. I am going to go with a track mounted procar or something. I will have a little room. Im 6'4" so its going to be tight no matter what I do
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

There is a lot of knowledge on VMF but yeah, some of those guys need to relax. I mostly lurk there because no matter what someone will not like how you did something.

Finally got the Rear end un boxed and checked out. I am honestly pretty impressed. It was the best deal that could be had for housing and axles. I did 31 spline, Big Web, billet ends, jack pad, and fill/drain plug. Looks really good. Just need to decide on a brake kit and Pull the trigger on a center section.

About to start assembling the motor. I need a warm enough day to stand outside and spray the block and clean the machine oil off of it.

Was a stock 1989 Mustang Block, rods, crank. Bored .20 with SP Flat tops. Edlebrock Alum heads were ordered as blanks, he flow tested/matched, ported and polished. They are 60cc but milled down a tiny bit to bump compression up from 10:1 to about 10.8:1. Still want to run pump gas. Then custom ground cam. specs below. I Have a trickflow upper and lower than I got a smoking deal on, just need injectors and a MAF.

1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

I'm following this too! Looks like you've got a great project going. I enjoy watching mustang builds.....but I'm biased!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton27 View Post
      There is a lot of knowledge on VMF but yeah, some of those guys need to relax. I mostly lurk there because no matter what someone will not like how you did something.
      That seems to be the general consensus. lol
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.

1966 Mustang Street/track Build

Looking good!!

Great job so far. I love the way the car is turning out. Just goes to show you don't need deep pockets to have a fun/fast car. Keep it up.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      370 LQ9 - TR6060 - 4.10's - Centerforce Dual Friction - TruTrac - AFCO Coilovers - Flip Kit - Hotchkis Sway Bars
      Belltech Spindles - Kooks Headers - Magnaflow - Tuned With HP Tuners
      Go-Fast truck

Looking good I'm digging that blue. Glad to see another early mustang I'm getting ready to start my 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post
      Looking good!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O-08 View Post
      Great job so far. I love the way the car is turning out. Just goes to show you don't need deep pockets to have a fun/fast car. Keep it up.
      Quote Originally Posted by 0065 View Post
      Looking good I'm digging that blue. Glad to see another early mustang I'm getting ready to start my 66.
      Thanks for the Kind words.
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

wow kinda reminds me of my car. Im going for a race car/street vintage look with modern suspension and motor. Same rear end, bedliner under the car, etc....nice looking!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...l#post18757043
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

Please elaborate on the cam choice. Project is looking good.

1966 Mustang Street/track Build

Great job!

Liking your build! And that color is great! Where did you get your paint from? Did you shoot on anything after the epoxy primer?
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Haven't been getting much done. Working 2 jobs eats time.

Got the doors and the Fenders mounted, still waiting on my Cowl hood and front apron.

Passenger door was perfect. Needs a little work, but fit like a dream. Fenders are rough, they have been bare metal for many years.

Driver door had the skin replaced 15 years ago when this project started, and its not going to work to say the least. Looks like the old welds weren't cleaned off enough. So there are lump everywhere. also a big gob of a weld will not allow the door to shut.

So now I am searching for a new driver door.

Passenger

Driver

Gap is so far off at the tap and touching the bottom

1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Liking your build! And that color is great! Where did you get your paint from? Did you shoot on anything after the epoxy primer?

Thanks! I got the paint from a local supplier. Sikkens brand. I blocked it and sprayed high build summit racing over it all.
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Please elaborate on the cam choice. Project is looking good.
      I really left a lot of it to my machinist. We talked for a long time, told him all the specifics of what the car was going to do and what I needed it to do. And I wanted a high RPM, with good power band. That's what we came up with.
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

The reason I asked about the cam is that I have always been told if you didn't use a wide lobe centerline cam, it wouldn't have enough manifold vacuum to idle properly. I don't have exp. with efi tuning to know if that can be overcome. My stuff with eec iv is all 114 centerline.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      The reason I asked about the cam is that I have always been told if you didn't use a wide lobe centerline cam, it wouldn't have enough manifold vacuum to idle properly. I don't have exp. with efi tuning to know if that can be overcome. My stuff with eec iv is all 114 centerline.

This is true! The EFI can compensate for some but not much. I have nothing running off vacuum to worry about likes brakes, hvac, wipers, etc. The only part that can come into a negative would be the idle. But I am pretty sure I can tune that up no prob.

It is a lot of cam, I am both excited and a little nervous.
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com