Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: Canada
      If your getting that crazy with it, you could even stretch the wheelbase a inch or two without throwing off the looks of the car
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      If your getting that crazy with it, you could even stretch the wheelbase a inch or two without throwing off the looks of the car
      I've considered it. I've got a straight parts car, and I know it's getting wider track, but it'll come down to whatever is a most ideal geometry. It would certainly help get the motor behind the front diff.

Not that it's related, but I'm gonna be chopping the top as well. Not sure if I want to tilt the A pillars back or shorten them, though. I'd like to make the car a little slicker for performance purposes anyhow, but the form is certainly the secondary function (lol) in design for this instance. I've come to feel that the cab being so damn tall is what makes the car so silly looking.
      Bryan

Country Flag: Canada
      I would lay them back...my two cents. Is it a Chevette sedan or two door scooter
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

It's a two door. I'll most likely do away with rear seating in favor of more leg and engine room, but I was contemplating an RX8 kinda setup, seeing as the parts car is a sedan. I could use some bits to accomplish this. Stretching the car a bit could allow this to remain possible. This will take forever.
      Bryan

Well I'm having a little tossup. It would seem like the 88-91 Prelude 4WS is the only mechanical one, and I think I could adapt it, if I can clear it around two driveshafts and three diffs. Given that I may do without power steering, the low speed stuff could be substantially tougher, but some with mechanical 4WS have removed the PS pump and don't seem to mind.

Of course, I've still gotta go find the gurus of such things and discuss adaptability.

Bryan

I thought about it too . The only thing that came to mind was hydrolice like the rock crawlers use . But use low rider stuff to save weight and power . Going over the AWD and not using the hydrolic will be tough .
      800 Amp Time Attack Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
      I thought about it too . The only thing that came to mind was hydrolice like the rock crawlers use . But use low rider stuff to save weight and power . Going over the AWD and not using the hydrolic will be tough .
      I've been thinking about the crawler stuff lately as well. I think that's my next area to brush up on.
      Bryan

Some hard physics on 4 wheel steering
      http://www.control.lth.se/documents/2002/5697.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com