Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      The Summit Vette MC clones come with a spacer to be deep or short hole.
      1978 Black Trans Am 455 Edelbrock heads [email protected] through mufflers on pump gas
      1981 Trans Am 400 stock type motor
      79 Camaro getting a 500" 695 hp IA2 Pontiac motor
      1965 GTO project car
      470ci/Chevy dual quad 409 604 HP 64 Impala SS project
      2004 Pulse Red GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
      I would run the Tuff-Stuff #2229NC booster, DSE #050302 reduced angle firewall brackets and a 2000-era S10 disc/disc master cylinder from a right-hand drive application (ACD#18M974). I would then use a coupler nut and rated all-thread to create an adjustable pedal push rod and probably a clevis from Atech motorsports or just whip something up on the lathe/milling machine.

If you wanted a cheaper master cylinder option, then I would opt for the C3 Corvette 1" bore manual disc/disc unit (~67-76 or so) with the deep pushrod hole and a MC pushrod spacer to make up the difference for the short output rod on the booster. Given a choice, I would always run a short output rod booster since they can work with a shallow or deep MC hole with a spacer, whereas the same can't be said for a long output rod unit.

Tobin
      KORE3
      I'm attempting this exact tuff stuff setup above on a former manual brake 69 Camaro. It looks like I'm getting interference with the booster hard rubber boot and firewall in the last inch of trying to bolt this up. Any ideas on this issue? Do I just tighten it down, or clearance the firewall hole, or ...? Thanks in advance. Ron
      Ron
      69 Camaro Redfire, thanks to
      Marquez Design | Ring Brothers

Well it looks like I can't just tighten it down as this will cause a preload on the brakes. Anyone run into this with this popular combination?

Edit: I got some advice to clearance the firewall hole similar to the DSE setup. Will try that soonest.

Last edited by redfire69; 10-27-2016 at 03:48 AM. Reason: received advice
      Ron
      69 Camaro Redfire, thanks to
      Marquez Design | Ring Brothers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com