Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Steering Wheels, Cheap vs Expensive?

I need to order a steering wheel for my 69 Camaro. I have a ididit tilt column and have been looking at the nrg quick release setup and there steering wheels as well. Just curious who is running this brand. I would also like to know the difference between say a Momo or Driven vs the NRG wheel. Is the extra money worth it? Can you tell the difference in quality between the 3 wheels? What are you using for the quick release setup?
      Thanks Travis

Sparco has nice wheels also. When it comes to steering cheap is never a good idea
      70 Mustang fastback 428 sb

Don't have any experience with the brands you mentioned, but the Grant wheels are nice and they have a quick release that works on the Ididit column.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Take in mind that you're considering going cheap on what is the most active touch point in your entire vehicle.

The nicer stuff feels better, looks better and will hold up longer. If you're able to, go with the nicer wheel. You'll thank yourself EVERY time you get in the car.

I've used MOMO wheels for years and love them. They feel "right" in your hands!

Steering Wheels, Cheap vs Expensive?

I got budnik wheels and splurged on a budnik steering wheel too- def worth it!

I used a Forever Sharp steering wheel in my '67 Camaro. No complaints whatsoever. I know a lot of guys that have used them and have been impressed with the quality for the money. Lots of different styles here: http://fssteeringwheels.com/

Here is mine installed:

Quote Originally Posted by 67rally View Post
      I used a Forever Sharp steering wheel in my '67 Camaro. No complaints whatsoever. I know a lot of guys that have used them and have been impressed with the quality for the money. Lots of different styles here: http://fssteeringwheels.com/

Here is mine installed:
      Looks nice, Thanks for the photo. I still have not ordered one.. Like a woman in the shoe store!!

I just bought a Nardi ND4, haven't gotten it yet but I'll post pics when I do.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: Canada
      Nardi ... awesome !! serious steering wheels
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

Has anyone ordered from racing-steeringwheels.com before? seems way too good to be true.

anyone....?

I just stepped up to a Sparco 345 after months of looking and holding wheels in my hands. When I first saw it, I knew it was the one. I'm loving it as it makes the whole driving experience that much better.

66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mc Mahon View Post
      Has anyone ordered from racing-steeringwheels.com before? seems way too good to be true.
      You answered your own question. It even sounds like a fake or scam site.

I just put a momo in my car over the weekend and it feels and looks like a quality part. NRG is a cheap china company that patent trolled Works Bell and stole their designs (Not unlike how the Chinese ripped off the creators of this intake (how this guy is legally allowed to sell this is beyond me, but who needs dignity when you can make $5 by stealing from people who actually have talent or skill) https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ghlight=intake

Anyway, if you want cheap, buy cheap, for some things that's fine, but if you want nicer you pay for nicer. More expensive doesn't mean better, but a given quality has a certain minimum cost.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

I put a Lecarra wheel in my '72 El Camino, which is the same model I put in my old '69 Camaro 10+ years ago. Loved it so much I wanted it in my new ride. Wheel and adapter was ~$215

Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

Quote Originally Posted by snappytravis View Post
      Looks nice, Thanks for the photo. I still have not ordered one.. Like a woman in the shoe store!!
      so you have a husband paying for all this?

I use a 1968-70 option "Comfort Grip" steering wheel for my 1979 Z-28 RS Camaro Pro-touring car.I believe that they cost about around $200 for the steering wheel and horn kit.And they were an option for car.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Finally got the Nardi installed, along with New Vintage gauges and an Ididit tilt column.

Any wheel will work with any of the quick releases. The bolt spacing is pretty universal.

NRG is a knock off of Nardi and Works/bell.

Their stuff is decent quality, and they have a huge selection.

I bought a used Nardi Torino off of eBay, fit the look I wanted of the interior and really nice wood finish. Plus I know it's authentic, Nardi pits serial numbers on the back side and you can check on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
      so you have a husband paying for all this?

lol,, one in every crowd. nope I am one one of those straight white minority kids!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com