Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: FiTech Systems

Country Flag: United States
      One of the perks of Measquirt is immediate feedback/support and easy repair. Although after buying all the parts to convert to EFI I feel like I will be ahead of the game vs the plug and plays.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

That is a great advantage to MS! For me there is also the advantage the Tuner Studio runs on a Mac, I might end up trying MS next.
      Tom

New guy here looking to install the 600 kit on my 350, can the ls corvette fuel filter regulator be used on this? I running a spectra tank with in tank pump and I wanted to run a short return if possible thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jk918 View Post
      New guy here looking to install the 600 kit on my 350, can the ls corvette fuel filter regulator be used on this? I running a spectra tank with in tank pump and I wanted to run a short return if possible thanks
      yes. As long as it has 55 psi, it will work.
      1967 Camaro - Finished Pro Touring. Gets driven all the time, rain or shine!!

subscribing

FiTech Systems

I'm thinking a Tanks Inc tank with 255 Walbro, corvette regulator and IIMuch vent would get the fuel supplied nicely to one of these. Anyone disagree?
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jknight16 View Post
      I'm thinking a Tanks Inc tank with 255 Walbro, corvette regulator and IIMuch vent would get the fuel supplied nicely to one of these. Anyone disagree?
      I have a 1969 Chevelle with this setup, save the IIMuch vent. Works great, no big gas smell, still getting the vent in the near future...

Don

installed the meanstreet 800 and the FCC. awesome stuff! The throttle is a bit stiff I need to figure out how to relax it. Anyone have ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by no_go nico View Post
      installed the meanstreet 800 and the FCC. awesome stuff! The throttle is a bit stiff I need to figure out how to relax it. Anyone have ideas?
      Slip the primary throttle shaft spring off it's ledge and it should make a noticeable difference.

Move your throttle cable stud to the hole right above where you have yours now, that's how mine is and it's not stiff at all. Nice looking installation!
      I know others have removed the spring like Rich suggested with similar results too.
      69 Torino GT Formal Roof
      420" W - TKO 600

Was going to mention what torino said. Did it on mine also and is how it should be
      LS3 1967 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by 408maro View Post
      Was going to mention what torino said. Did it on mine also and is how it should be
      Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jknight16 View Post
      I have the tanks inc tank and a 255 in it. That's it. Why is a corvette regulator needed?

took it for the first ride today. Keeps stalling coming up to stop signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony k View Post
      I have the tanks inc tank and a 255 in it. That's it. Why is a corvette regulator needed?

took it for the first ride today. Keeps stalling coming up to stop signs.
      With the Corvette regulator/filter, your return line would be from it to the tank, in the back. You can then run a returnless system up to the EFI body. Without the Corvette one, you have to run a return line from the EFI body back to the tank. If you already did this, you don't need the Corvette one.
      Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

I got ya. Thanks for taking the time to explain

Love mine. I don't like the external pump... too loud. Will be going with an in tank set up next. Probably sold 10 of them for FITech up here at Hot August Nights. Everyone was asking about the system. I'll have to look at the spring thing too. My throttle feels a bit stiff too.
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Finally got my 600 installed with the Fuel command center.

Had issues in the beginning, but have gotten them figured out. Instructions say minimum of 3 psi, well thats not true, They need 8-10 feeding the command center.

Had really bad hesitation and i couldnt get it to hot start. But after talking with cody he sent me the basic adjustments and the car runs amazing now.
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

Looking for a suggestion. Keep in mind that I don't have any fuel system components but a aftermarket efi tank. The engine is a BBC 496 with hydraulic roller cam. I have not purchased the intake yet. I was looking into the Meanstreet 800 or looking at the MS3 Pro. Any real world advantages of either system? The car will be used for fun and travel here and there. If it is not a true difference I will just go with the meanstreet EFI and save a few headaches.
      I am SUCH a rookie to Pro-Touring

Quote Originally Posted by DreKoushRanada View Post
      Looking for a suggestion. Keep in mind that I don't have any fuel system components but a aftermarket efi tank. The engine is a BBC 496 with hydraulic roller cam. I have not purchased the intake yet. I was looking into the Meanstreet 800 or looking at the MS3 Pro. Any real world advantages of either system? The car will be used for fun and travel here and there. If it is not a true difference I will just go with the meanstreet EFI and save a few headaches.
      I can't speak to the MS3 but I have the Meanstreet 800 on my 427 SBC and I love it. Full roller motor, Edelbrock air gap intake. I went with Fitech's fuel command center so I didn;t have to make mods to my tank or mechanical fuel pump. Tuning was a breeze, this is a street car - I hve about 700 miles on the MS800 so far so good

I just installed the Fitech 600hp with a fuel commander. Straight forward instruction no issues. The car drives great.

We all came into this world ignorant, it takes hard work to remain joyful in its bliss.
      --Hazewriter--

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...0-Convertible)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com