Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1979 TA, DSE subframe and Pontiac motor, What Headers fit

I am looking to us the DSE front subframe on my 1979 TA.I am leaning in the direction of having a built pontiac motor made for the car. DSE has the motor mounts for the pontiac motor, but they dont know what headers fit. The motor is moved 1.5 in rearward. Does anyone know what headers might fit
      thanks

1979 TA, DSE subframe and Pontiac motor, What Headers fit

We go through this on our G-Machine Chassis too with Pontiacs. To our knowledge there isn't any good solution out there, since everything is designed for the Fbody or Abody with a stock gearbox. All the Pontiacs we've done require custom headers. The steering shaft is very close to the head on any rack and pinion front end with these.. That's where most of the problem will lie.. As well as how the motor mounts are positioned makes for some creative bends.
      Maybe someone has found a solution though, don't let this reply be the last!

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I would suggest calling Butler Performance in Leoma, Tennessee. They are pure Pontiac, right to the core. I would guess they will have a solution for you and they are an excellent source for your Pontiac engine build. Maxperformance.com is another forum that is dedicated to Pontiacs so you can post over there as well. That site use to be called Performanceyears.com. Tim john---

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com