Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Mac mb1500 tool box resurrection

Since my 69 Camaro is be back from paint jail I have been looking to get my tool storage under control so I can be efficient when I have time to work on it. My tool boxes are a conglomeration of a large top box from a salvage store ($40 bucks!) a vintage grey craftsman that a great friend and mentor willed to me, a craftsman bottom box I bought years ago and a custom repurposed lower box (now black) that came straight from Goodwill.
      Free bag of Delta Pretzels for anyone who can identify the original purpose of the custom lower ha ha ha

So after lusting after the CL used Snap On boxes - way overpriced and beat up- and the Harbor Freight boxes - very nice but still more than I wanted to spend.

Finally saw this clapped out MAC MB1500 combination on CL for $200.00 = SOLD

haul it home, pressure wash, clean and rebuild the guides and drawer locks and rollers = much better looking and working box (s)

put them all together yesterday - still need to buy some drawer liner and get my mess all sorted and drawers labeled

love using the old tools and keeping the $ down so we can spend the money on cars-

the reasons My Dad (their Grandfather) bought the Camaro in 1970
      just got this one recently

My youngest son lost a fingernail in the door of the corvette when we went to pick it up!

I hope there are some other guys on here that can appreciate my cheapskate score!
      Attached Images Attached Images                      

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com