Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

drive by wire or cable throttle on LSX454 with Jenvey cross ram

so i'm doing an lsx 454 in my 67 camaro and going with the Jenvey cross ram manifold. i have an option to do drive by wire or a cable throttle. any one have a preference on either? here are pics of the manifold i'm running.preference on either? here are pics of the manifold i'm running.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: United States
      I prefer DBW but I am curious do see how it might be implemented with that particular intake.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I prefer DBW but I am curious do see how it might be implemented with that particular intake.

Andrew
      They likely do it like the Harrop Hurricane intake. Harrop uses the servo portion of the LS7 style tb to drive a common shaft and bell crank to drive the throttle blades.
      You can see the servo below the Harrop label in this pic.

Quote Originally Posted by KB Camaro View Post
      so i'm doing an lsx 454 in my 67 camaro and going with the Jenvey cross ram manifold. i have an option to do drive by wire or a cable throttle. any one have a preference on either? here are pics of the manifold i'm running.preference on either? here are pics of the manifold i'm running.

Do you have any experience with ITB intakes? They can make you go bald trying to get them right, the synchronization of all of the the throttle blades is crucial to have any hope of getting low speed drivability. The throttle control can be like a switch since you're opening 8 throttle blades at the same time so it gets a big gulp of air all at once. You would be much better off with a cross ram intake that has a common plenum on each side and a throttle body on each plenum like the Ozmo or Carbon XR intakes. I love the looks of ITB intakes but it would not be my choice for a street car where low speed drivability is important.

**Update
      After long discussions with Fox injection (us distributor for jenvey) and my tuner I'm going cable throttle and am going to run the fast XFI ECU.
      No I don't have much experience with this type of intake but from what I understand the piece comes fully assembled and once you hook up the throttle cable and idle air control valve it's good to go. Believe me I know it sounds to good to be true so I am leary too. I will up date this thread as soon as I receive the piece.

I am interested to see how it works for you. I am considering the same setup but interested in the DBW version. I have requested some information from Jenvey regarding that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I am interested to see how it works for you. I am considering the same setup but interested in the DBW version. I have requested some information from Jenvey regarding that setup.
      I'm going with the drive by cable as it is easier to setup. From what the us distributer, Josh at fox injection told me dbw can be done but it's up to the tuner to get idle tables dialed in which can be difficult. I'll post results and impressions when my build is done

Did you ever get this up and running? Very curious on the results. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by VTtransam View Post
      Did you ever get this up and running? Very curious on the results. Thank you.
      2 or 3 weeks and my car will be done. Will report back then.

Do you have your Jenvey set up and working ?

Quote Originally Posted by ironman1 View Post
      Do you have your Jenvey set up and working ?
      yes, car is getting tuned next week and once i have it back i will post results and pics.

Wow, is that not a cool intake? Kudos! Looks like it's going to be hard to keep in tune though.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

How did it go? Did your tuner get it running well? What if any issues did you encounter? I'm looking at a similar setup for my 454LSX.

How did it go? Did your tuner get it running well? What if any issues did you encounter? I'm looking at a similar setup for my 454LSX.
      i love it, no tuning issues. only issue was getting the air idle control setup but that was more my tuner not wanting to call fox injection to get the simiple instructions. Call Josh over at Fox Injection, he'll get you set up. here's a quick video.

Nice! Congrats! What kind of power did it make? Any plans for air filtration? How does it drive at part throttle around town?

Nice! Congrats! What kind of power did it make? Any plans for air filtration? How does it drive at part throttle around town?
      The air screens are all I'm doing. It actually drives great, it's very snappy. I have a different set of carbon fiber air horns that are longer that will change the tq curve, I'll try those in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to dyno the car until I get to 2k miles and it's broke in properly. Don't worry though, I've had I back 2 weeks and already at 750 miles so I believe I'll get there in month or less. I will be doing a flex fuel conversion and do pulls on 91 and e85. By the way I'm using a fast xfi 2.0 computer and since they own inglesse who makes stack style manifold my tuner said the tuning was easy.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com