Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Help me with my budget 400 sbc build

So the motor that I swapped in and now have back out and on the stand is a factory 2 bolt 400 sbc. All the details I was given about the motor when I bought it was that it had 5,000 on the rebuild which consists of .020 over flat top pistons, 9.5:1 comp and 268 comp flat tappet cam. From what I remember from when I put the motor in is that the intake runners weren't ported and it also had the stock rockers. I don't have the engine apart yet so im not sure if its the stock rods or not. Now to my question (s) my buddy has dart iron eagles with 58cc chambers and I believe he said 210 runners. I also have a victor jr intake. Id like to run a solid roller cam and run it on e85. Can this be done with these dart heads and possibly fairly stock bottom end? If there's any other details you may need just ask an ill try my best with the information I have until I have the time to tear into the motor to do investigating. Or suggestions on how to build it fairly budget. Its going to be mainly a street car. Thank you.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com